• ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    :scratch:

Anyone applying for a DUPLICATE should show "approved" immediately. This is really no indication of when you'll receive the plastic card. The "pending local approval" and "pending ISP approval" only apply to those applying for new licenses.

The wife and I applied within a day of each other, mine a duplicate and hers a new application. Mine showed "approved" as soon as I paid.

You know this for a fact, or is it just a guess that since we already have our LTCH it should read "approved?" Mine read "pending" for a couple of days, even though I applied for a duplicate.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You know this for a fact, or is it just a guess that since we already have our LTCH it should read "approved?" Mine read "pending" for a couple of days, even though I applied for a duplicate.

Just basing it on my own experience. Mine never said "pending", it said "approved" immediately.

I applied for the Duplicate on launch day, 10/1, I suppose they could have changes things since.

digijock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Beech Grove
    Update ... 30 days after submission

Ordered duplicate on 10/21.

Received automated email on 11/21 from "IP Firearms Submission" stating "Your Indiana State Police firearms application has been submitted to your local law enforcement agency" - no other specifics. A separate email, directly from an individual I had queried at ISP beforehand, stated that "your request was sent to (holding on 11-21-2014)" and that person did not know the meaning of this, and suggested I call APRISS back again at a certain phone#, which was fruitless. So I really can't get any direct status information, but I can make some guesses.

Since I got the automated status email, 30-days exactly since submission, it is suggestive of the period as described on the ISP status page, which states: "Law enforcement personnel have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications." ... I'm guessing this period is applied even for duplicate requests, even though they may have been previously approved. Nothing has occurred prior to receiving my original permit which could in any way jeopardize it, therefore I must assume that this is normal bureaucratic processing as prescribed by the system and that it will simply get OK'd locally again and then returned to ISP which will then make and mail a card.

I was told the making/mailing of cards was done in batches at the end of each day, and one should allow about a week for delivery once you get to that stage.

Funny thing, an acquaintance got her first LTCH (ever) in 4 weeks total, so one would expect duplicates would be much quicker/simpler. Maybe not... Glad I requested the duplicate before actually needing it, (ie, should my original ever become lost), since it still takes a while. Even longer than an original request might take.

In a separate post on INGO somebody pointed out changes to Indiana code within the past four years indicating that you technically need not have your license on your person while armed, but just that you must have been licensed (the licensing status can be verified quickly via your other ID or such). Previously the law stated that you must have the card with you. If that's truly correct, and it sounds like it is given the cited code sections, then I can see why issuing new licenses with priority over duplicate licenses would make sense. I'm already licensed, and I just want a duplicate. My acquaintance was waiting for the first-time license, ergo priority for the latter. If I'm correct, I tend to agree with the logic.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody have any info on how long a change of address was for the new card? I moved and figured it was as good time as any to get a new plastic card. I paid 10/22 and everything says approved, website hasn't updated my address yet

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Also noticed it was postmarked from Seattle Washington, guess they contract out the cards.

I noticed that too. Although its not a real postmark per se. Its a preprinted envelope with the US Postage Paid permit nbr being paid in seattle. Maybe they bought the franked envelopes. The return address was in Indy.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Applied for the duplicate on 10/1. Still have not seen the new card. I am going to check my bank statement to see if the $21 has been processed. If so, I'm going to call Apriss and just cancel the order at this point.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I applied for a duplicate on 10/5 and it is still in "Pending ISP Approval" as of this morning. I received two e-mails stating I needed to verify my information with the vendor, which I did the day after I received the first e-mail. I've called ISP and talked to "Debbie" 3 times now. She's a very nice lady. The second time I spoke with her a couple of weeks ago, she told me that my app had ended up in a "funky bucket" with the new software and she needed to call the vendor to straighten it out. When I chatted with her late yesterday afternoon, nothing had changed so she was going to contact the vendor again today which means another follow up call tomorrow if the status doesn't change. This is getting old.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Forgot all about it! :ugh: Just applied for it, it said approved immediately. No problems signing in other than putting my name down the same way it's listed on the paper license. It says up to 60 days so we'll see.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I have been waiting for my replacement for 2 months now. I called middle of Nov. and was told they are processing all the new apps. then doing the replacements. At this point I feel like I'm waiting on a gun from RedJacket.

digijock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Beech Grove
    Update ... duplicate card received

I received my duplicate card (ordered 10/21) today (12/8)... and there was much rejoicing! Finally, a decent plastic card that fits in a wallet properly. In fact, the new card is identical in size and thickness to my bank/atm card. Total wait time: about 7 weeks.

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    This is week 10 on my wait for the duplicate. I emailed Appriss last week and this is their reply:

"Due to the response we’ve received for the new license, they can take up to 8 weeks to complete and send out.
    We thank you for your patience"

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I applied on 12/3 for a duplicate with no information changes and received my confirmation emails right away. Now the wait is on. I will post wait time after I receive it.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I also applied on 10/21 for my duplicate and received it either yesterday or today (I don't think the mail got checked yesterday).

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I finally filled out my name change and duplicate tonight online. The clock starts now. :)

Just curious my divorce was final in July I'm just now doing the name change paperwork. I'm still legal right?

Top Bottom