• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just curious as to how you clean a sealed suppressor when the time comes. I have tried looking all over the internet regarding this question and most people are saying to have the suppressor jail broken. Most of that talk was coming from the guy's who actually do the jail breaking.

I don't really wanna have mine jail broken because I also read it voids the warranty on the suppressor from the factory. So to anyone on INGO who has a sealed suppressor which I assume someone does....

How do you go about cleaning your can when it needs to be cleaned?

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Depends on the material the suppressor is made of. I have all stainless steel suppressors that I use a very corrosive solution to clean. The solution will start the corrosion process on aluminum or mild steel. On my aluminum 22 suppressors I disassemble and hand scrub.

chuck

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    Cleaning

I have always soaked my suppressor in Marvel Mystery Oil. I let it soak for a couple of days and then blow it out with air.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    You can soak in any AL safe cleaner such as Brownells ultrasonic cleaner.

I've been reading more since I posted this thread. Seems it goes either way. I just assumed that after more then 2,000 rounds it would need some form of cleaning..especially after seeing some pics of baffles that were coated with quite a bit of build up. So I was just wondering how you would clean a can that is sealed should you want too.

I guess for mine I'll just soak it either in CLP or the Ultrasonic cleaner and then blow out with compressed air.

As for the Brownells Ultrasonic..ShootinIron you got a link to it from Brownells?

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.brownells.com/ You are looking for SKU # 083-000-031[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Safe for all metal surfaces, including carbon steel, aluminum, titanium, and stainless steel. Won’t harm bluing, parkerizing, anodizing, or most paints. Environmentally safe, non-toxic, ammonia-free, and biodegradable with minimal odor” [/FONT]

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Just curious as to how you clean a sealed suppressor when the time comes. I have tried looking all over the internet regarding this question and most people are saying to have the suppressor jail broken. Most of that talk was coming from the guy's who actually do the jail breaking.

I don't really wanna have mine jail broken because I also read it voids the warranty on the suppressor from the factory. So to anyone on INGO who has a sealed suppressor which I assume someone does....

How do you go about cleaning your can when it needs to be cleaned?

I had my AAC Eco9 jail broke, after I talked to AAC. They will honor any warranty issues that arise from their, AAC's workmanship.

It's totally worth the cost.

I can now shoot 22 through it without worry of lead build up.

Plus you can keep an eye on the wear of the baffles.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Why would you clean a suppressor? Mine are quieter when they're dirtier.

On 22lr suppressors and some pistol suppressors the buildup over time will fill in the baffles to the point that they will not work well and become louder. I have filled up multiple 22lr suppressors and about a quarter of a MP5SD suppressor to the point that they needed properly cleaned. My avatar is my Archangell III x-rayed after a cleaning. It was x-rayed before cleaning but it showed all black with no details. That's why I clean suppressors. Now my centerfire rifle suppressors I have yet to have a need to clean them as the baffles will erode away first, maybe.
    Chuck

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I had my AAC Eco9 jail broke, after I talked to AAC. They will honor any warranty issues that arise from their, AAC's workmanship.

It's totally worth the cost.

I can now shoot 22 through it without worry of lead build up.

Plus you can keep an eye on the wear of the baffles.

I'm sorta confused by the way you worded things. Are you saying AAC will honor warranty issues or the company who does the jail breaking on the suppressor?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Nice if that's the case I might consider doing it. I was under the impression AAC wouldn't honor warranty work if their can's had been jail broken. Thanks for the heads up on that. :D

Top Bottom