• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Dry ice / flash freeze and ship it UPS or FED-eX back home. I have done it with elk, deer and antelope. Its fairly simple and fairly common. Most grocery stores out west, especially mountain west sell dry ice. Buy a cheap cooler, load it up and take it to UPS or FED-eX.

Dirty Steve

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Ziplock now has inexpensive vacuum gallon size freezer bags with the little hand pump that really helps get it all packaged and sealed so it won't leak anything. Freeze it, throw a little dry ice in a cheap foam cooler and tape it closed and UPS it home.

sassy lassy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Elizabeth
    Before you make the investment to ship it home, try some of it cooked. My ex got a wild boar once and we absolutely were disgusted by the taste. If you like it, then ship it home.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Boar will taste different than sow. Testosterone gives a flavor to the meat. which is why pigs are castrated. I don't really want boar but would keep sow. (Correction:boar sausage i had was great)

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    I shot a large sow in TN about a week ago. We vacuum packed it, froze it solid, and drove home with it. We have also taken fish home from Alaska the same way. You freeze it solid, buy an ingloo cooler and tape it shut. Check it with your luggage and it's good to go. Cargo holds on planes stay cool anyway so you should be fine. I think dry ice is unnecessary.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Before you make the investment to ship it home, try some of it cooked. My ex got a wild boar once and we absolutely were disgusted by the taste. If you like it, then ship it home.
    Very true, it also depends where you are hunting and what they are eating. We used to hunt them in the swamps of Georgia, I can't say they tasted all that good

Savage99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Peru
    I have flown to TX twice and have started driving now. It takes a little longer but there is no airport hassle. I can take an extra rifle, haul meat home, and take my own stuff. I have hauled deer and pigs home in a cooler full of ice and just bleed the meat out as the ice melts. I just add more ice when I stop for fuel. Now if you could just charter your own jet . . .

Top Bottom