• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    While I did love my 10/22, I am partial to the AR platform. I will be finishing a build shortly, then seriously contemplating a S&W 15/22 after seeing this thread, haha that's sad.

Is the buffer tube commercial size or mil-spec?
    Is the charging handle just for aesthetics or can I replace it for a BCM gunfighter?
    I might have to find one local just to coonfinger it :)

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For those shooting the 15-22, Are they as accurate as a good .22 rifle? ie: will they hit a quarter at 25 yards EVERY time if the operator does his part? I looked at one in the store and the trigger felt pretty bad. Has anyone looking into improving that?

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I don't have one, but I've shot a buddies. It was fun to shoot, but the factory open sights sucked! (I'd say Iron sights, but they were plastic, and that was the problem!) With an optic, or with quality BUIS, I'd say that it would be pretty sweet! (I'm still partial to my tricked out 10/22 though!) If I wanted a "Tactical .22", I'd probably buy a good bullpup kit for a 10/22, and be done with it!

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    While I did love my 10/22, I am partial to the AR platform. I will be finishing a build shortly, then seriously contemplating a S&W 15/22 after seeing this thread, haha that's sad.

Is the buffer tube commercial size or mil-spec?
    Is the charging handle just for aesthetics or can I replace it for a BCM gunfighter?
    I might have to find one local just to coonfinger it :)

>COMM SPEC
    >It's 100% functional and NO, but you can buy aftermarket charging handles

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    For those shooting the 15-22, Are they as accurate as a good .22 rifle? ie: will they hit a quarter at 25 yards EVERY time if the operator does his part? I looked at one in the store and the trigger felt pretty bad. Has anyone looking into improving that?

From watching the reviews on YouTube, the trigger can be replaced with any AR15 trigger so if you want to spend the money you could put in a Geissele National Match if you so choose.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've got the camo version with the flash hider. It's a great way to get the feel of the AR platform with the minimal cost of ammo. If you get one you will not regret it.

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I don't have anything but good things to say about this. It's fun, it's cheap, it's built well and accurately. I even have a Thompson Machine Zephyr XL on it. Shooting suppressed is the way to go! If I had neighbors, they still wouldn't be able to hear me shoot.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got the MOE when they first came out as another suppressor host. It's been reliable and shot everything BUT the cci quite crap which I only shoot out of my bolt 22's. I personally would get the moe because I do not like the cheaply sights on the standard version. I put a primary arms micro on mine and it usually goes with me on every range trip. Shoot for hours for :twocents: on the dollar.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    How do you guys like the SIG 522 versus this? I suppose they're not really the same thing, though. Basically I just want a fun .22 rifle. Almost 100% sure I'm gonna get the 15-22 MOE, but it never hurts to look around. Thanks all!

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Love my 15-22, almost as accurate as my 10-22 but not near my Rem 597. I spend most of my shooting with the 15-22 and its great that you dont have to add anything to it to be tactical and is ready for about anything you would like to add to it. Get one you will love it.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Question...i freakin loved how quiet the Henry Goldenboy was, will the 15-22 be as quiet?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I had the Sig 522 it was awesome. My grandpa ended up stealing it. So i replaced it with the 15-22 MOE. I do not regret it one bit. I love it. I am thinking of painting it as well

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Should I get the MOE version? Worth the extra money?

Yes, I have an MOE. You get the MOE stock & grip, the MOE sights, and an integral QD mount on the lower. I picked up mine at PSS.

I've got a PA red dot on it and added a MagPul AFG, and use my sling from my AR on it.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I love mine! Its very fun to shoot. Its been 100% reliable with over 1500 rounds put through it, its pretty accurate and cheap to shoot.

Top Bottom