• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'd think the brutal forces of firing said weapons would do FAR more to induce wear/slop than a human (relatively) gently removing the parts and reassembling.

That is unless you are cleaning your parts with emory cloth. :):

This too, they were M16's, we would shoot them full auto, and tracers too. They were ran pretty hard.
    Mine was made by GE. by the way. I don't ever recall seeing a Colt. Also parts were not gently removed, you were taking them apart and re-assembling them as fast as you could. So a lot of dropped parts.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I always clean a gun and lube a gun before I sell it. I also always take-down and clean a gun I bought whether it's factory new or previously owned. That way I can make sure I know it's clean, has no foreign material in the works or barrel, and it's ready to fire safely. It also lets me closely inspect all the parts for wear or damage.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I always clean a gun and lube a gun before I sell it. I also always take-down and clean a gun I bought whether it's factory new or previously owned. That way I can make sure I know it's clean, has no foreign material in the works or barrel, and it's ready to fire safely. It also lets me closely inspect all the parts for wear or damage.

I do the same. We side tracked a little when I posted that I no longer clean them after every trip to the range.
    It's not needed with modern ammunition, when I'm only putting between 50 to 200 rounds through each gun per trip, no need to clean them all the time.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I make sure my guns are clean when I am going to sell them, mainly because I would want to buy a clean gun. And if people hear you sell guns that are not clean, they are more likely to want to pay less for them because they know they will have to clean them themselves. I just clean them the way I would to store - Clean thoroughly and use gun lubricant. If going the extra mile to degrease will help you sell it faster, for more, and make someone happy, then I would say do it.

Top Bottom