How do you shoot yourself 5 or 6 times IN THE HEAD!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had to read the article twice, because I had a hard time believing that after shooting himself in the head multiple times he was still alive!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had to read the article twice, because I had a hard time believing that after shooting himself in the head multiple times he was still alive!

Well, there's "in the head" and there's "in the head". Bullets can ride around under the skin but not penetrate the skull, small bullets will deflect off teeth, side to side shots through the mouth and jaw won't get to anything vital, etc. You'd be surprised what people survive or get killed by based on minute differences in angle and placement.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Well, there's "in the head" and there's "in the head". Bullets can ride around under the skin but not penetrate the skull, small bullets will deflect off teeth, side to side shots through the mouth and jaw won't get to anything vital, etc. You'd be surprised what people survive or get killed by based on minute differences in angle and placement.

True! Saw it once. Guy was in a gunfight with two civil deputies who came to evict him from a house on the near NW side of Indy. They called for help and IPD responded. Deputy's 9mm shot had hit the guy dead center in the forehead, followed the skull around under the skin, and exited the rear of his bald head. I just happened to see medics bandaging the unconscious guy's head. Looked for sure like a "through and through" shot. He survived with two small scars and a headache.

Side note: This was back when the issued ammo for many LE agencies was hardball or fmj, if you please. Going to 9mm from .357 was a HUGE step backwards.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That has to be one of the worst cases of attempted suicide I have ever seen....

Hobart had a case where a man was found dead with 32 places where his skill was crushed by blows from a ball pein hammer. He died and it was ruled to be suicide. You would think after the first few impacts the guy would find a better way. Maybe the guy in Panama was a relative

Last edited:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Hobart had a case where a man was found dead with 32 places where his skill was crushed by blows from a ball pein hammer. He died and it was ruled to be suicide. You would think after the first few impacts the guy would find a better way. Maybe the guy in Panama was a relative

Several years ago I had a patient that drove a 16 penny nail into his forehead with a claw hammer.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So much mocking of the poor .25 ACP...

Plenty of folks have tangled with the lowly .25 and aren't around to talk about it anymore.

gun-girlfriend-bear-shot-in-the-knee-964290.jpeg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    With a .25.

Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    *sigh*
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    *heavier sigh*
    Click...click...click....
    *cursing*

Damn, beat me to it!

There was a local case where a guy shot his girlfriend, wounding her through the door. When confronted by the cops he shot himself in the head 3 times with a 9mm. He is blind and pretty messed up but still alive enough to go to prison...

Damn, beat me to it!

To be fair it sounds like in this guy's case he wasn't aiming at a vital organ

Damn, beat me to it!

My first thought was "talk to authorities about illegal Clinton activities..."

Damn, beat me to it!

How do you shoot yourself 5 or 6 times IN THE HEAD!

**** off the Clintons.

Damn, beat me to it!

Since all the good lines have been used I'm going back to work!:laugh:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, I finally managed to give myself a nice nick high and back on the left cheekbone just now shooting El cheapo aluminum case at steel. Unfortunately, the site now makes it too much of PITA for me to upload pix to mess with. Wear those glasses, kids. Eyes and ears.

Edit: that doesn't exactly make sense in context of the OP without me saying "I SORTA shot myself in the head.". Even if it was just a fragment ricochet.

In that case, I too shot myself in the face with a 22. :rockwoot:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/393721-always-use-both-eyes-ears-range.html

I'm going with BBI on this one. I've seen .25 bounce off of stuff it shouldn't have.

I recall one of the cable shows about gangs many moons ago. Big guy... easy 300+ @ 5'5". Homey was waddling down the sidewalk in his jean jacket. A car drove by and he heard a pop and felt a sting in his torso. He stopped, felt around the area and noticed a hole in his jacket and t shirt. in the folds of skin he found a bullet. Some jackwagon tried to do a drive by on him with a 22 or 25 I dont recall. but definitely something anemic and the denim coupled with the VERY soft cushion of his fat caused the bullet to cause a scrape in his skin and nothing more.

So apparently fat people arent only harder to kidnap, but also harder to kill. :):

So much mocking of the poor .25 ACP...

Plenty of folks have tangled with the lowly .25 and aren't around to talk about it anymore.

gun-girlfriend-bear-shot-in-the-knee-964290.jpeg

One of my favorites. "I dont have to outrun the bear, I just have to out run YOU!"

Top Bottom