18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Put you up a sign ... saying ... This yard is protected with BLACK PEPPER.
    If that does not work Then another ... This yard is protected with cayenne pepper
    <>> Make sure you put a lot down as when the sniff, one is all they will need. ( In case the dog owner cannot read and heeds to the warning.
    Here is to a clean yard :)

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Find poop, Pour some syrup on poop.. Next day, dog eats it's own poop.. Owner flips a wig, and dog cleans its own poop up.

WIN WIN

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    It's funny to joke about, but when you are stepping in dog poop, and you don't have a dog (or if your dogs are behind a fence), it is no laughing matter. Tracking crap into your house or getting into it on your way to work is a pain.

We had this problem for two years after moving to our current house. The neighbours two big dogs were used to wandering and pooping in our yard. We talked to them, and even wrote a couple of letters - no effect. We finally contacted the homeowners association president. He wrote a generic article in the next community newsletter about dogs roaming, and that homeowners should call animal control. Since there are leash laws in Marion county it is $25 for the first fine, and $100 after that.

The wandering dog problem decreased 99..9 % after that. That neighbour doesn't talk to us anymore. Which could be a bonus.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I dreamed on several occasions that I scooped up all the cat poop in my flower bed and landscaping and "returned" it to the front porch of the neighbor that has 5 cats. I don't understand cat owners who feel that it is okay for their cats to spend 95% of the day at my house.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    You can't eliminate dogs from pooping in your yard but you can limit how much they leave by saving all your bacon grease and pouring it on the poop they leave. The next day they will drop a fresh one but take the one from the day before. Keep repeating for a few days and owners will stop walking by your yard because the dogs actually look forward to their daily treat of poop and the owners are disgusted watching them eat it.
    Just be careful if you have dogs of your own because they will eat what ever you pour the bacon grease on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had this issue for a while.
    The cure is bag it up and get it back to the owners in what ever fashion you deem OK. Use your imagination.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I had that problem. One day the lady let her dog **** in my yard, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. It was one of those days where crossing my path wrong just wasnt such a hot idea. I ran inside, grabbed a bag, went out and scooped up the poop, and chased her down and handed it to her, explaining how she had forgot it in my yard, and to keep her flea infested mutt out of my yard. Never saw her walk down my alley again.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    IF you can find out who or who's dog is doing it make it a point to find their home. Collect all the crap and dump it in their yard, porch, etc. I know someone who's next door neighbor always let the dog crap in my friend's yard. Just so happens the offender had a fishing boat. Well, one day the bottom of the boat was filled with a month's worth of :poop: Next thing ya know a dog run was built and end of :poop: in friend's yard.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    be neighborly- find who it is and bake a "no hard feelings" chocolate cake.

or firebomb his house.

or freeze the next offering and return it through the window via slingshot.

or firebomb his house.

or use the poop to make outsider art sculptures that sell for millions of dollars, making yourself unbelievably rich in the process

or firebomb his house.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Go to the dollar store and buy up a good supply of cayenne pepper. If the dog is going in roughly the same spot all the time, pepper the ground out from the turd in a 4 or 5 foot circle. When he sniffs, he'll not be real hip to the idea of sticking around...and it won't hurt him permanently.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Go to the dollar store and buy up a good supply of cayenne pepper. If the dog is going in roughly the same spot all the time, pepper the ground out from the turd in a 4 or 5 foot circle. When he sniffs, he'll not be real hip to the idea of sticking around...and it won't hurt him permanently.

Good idea as dog not at fault...how to get the pepper into the owners nostrils.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We are lucky, only one of our neighbors have dogs, and maybe once every month or less will their dog come onto our yard and take care of business. No need to say a word because our dog will do the same thing in about the same time span.

It also helps that our neighbors are 100% great people to have as neighbors/friends.

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    But the Bacon grease just brings around more dogs, don't you think. I raise LH Mini Dachshunds and I can guarantee you the sense of smell travels a long way. The poop does not have to lay there till the next day, just leave a lot of pepper there. A nose burn leaves a lasting impression. I think the pepper signs will give the owners the impression you mean business.

Top Bottom