How has the events with Best Korea changed your emergency plans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    North Korea Is Trying To Goad America To Strike First, And Here’s Why

America strikes first: China has promised to protect the Norks in this case, also likely to bring other countries into the fray.

NK strikes first: China has promised to stand aside and allow the US to destroy the Norks.

We wait: NK develops nukes, sells to the highest bidder who also wants to kill us.

It's a lose/lose/lose.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    North Korea Is Trying To Goad America To Strike First, And Here’s Why

America strikes first: China has promised to protect the Norks in this case, also likely to bring other countries into the fray.

NK strikes first: China has promised to stand aside and allow the US to destroy the Norks.

We wait: NK develops nukes, sells to the highest bidder who also wants to kill us.

It's a lose/lose/lose.

Interesting theory, but hard to believe the noted NeverTrumper. Agenda driven or fake news?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Prepping my fleet of EMP proof vehicles so that I can rule the wastelands...

UbXrVl7.jpg

A5zUngN.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The sound of the approaching Johnny Popper (AKA 2 banger) will strike fear

And they get to hear it for a long time cause we'll be moving at about 3.5MPH in high gear. By the time we come swooping in, our enemies will have died of old age. Saves boolits.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Modern vehicles are pretty well shielded from outside interference already. This has been discussed at length in the prepper sub forum.
    That said I will run shotgun with you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting theory, but hard to believe the noted NeverTrumper. Agenda driven or fake news?

Or.

Maybe Trump isn't a god?

The article is pretty much correct in terms of outlining some apparent no-win scenarios. And that's not saying there's no way to get a win. It's just saying none of the options available make a "win" apparent more than a loss. I think a lot of what Trump is doing is talk; posturing. And that's part of the game.

Oh. And I have no idea how you think "nevertrumpers" is even applicable to the article. Bringing that into it implies to me that you have a sort of blind faith, that just because it's Trump, he'll certainly pick the right thing to do because he can do no wrong. But. Even the Oompa Loompa God king can fail when all the options suck. Trump didn't get us into this mess. And quite a mess it's turned into. It's understandable that none of the options are all that great.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The only chances are if a missile is intercepted as it's "lifting off", as said.

Once something "goes ballistic" - it cannot be stopped.

That's not exactly accurate.

160413-D-ZZ999-999.JPG

Boost phase is certainly the easiest time to kill a missile, but it isn't the ONLY time.

Think way back to Gulf 1, and those CNN videos of Scuds being intercepted by Patriot missiles...those Scuds had 'gone ballistic' and were in the descent phase - and they were killed.

Granted an ICBM warhead ain't a Scud...but realistically GBI is the "last/best" missile defense for the continental United States as I doubt there are many THAAD/PAC-3 batteries or Aegis ships on alert.

(Clancy's "Bear and the Dragon" has a nice fictional tale of a terminal ICBM intercept via Aegis, that if nothing else goes into the theory behind it)

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    To the OP. No change. I prep for worse outcomes than a lunatic despot with delusions of grandeur on the other side of the planet with maybe one to a few viable weapons that might get here if they get past our defenses.

Also, when people think of an EMP they think of Mad Max outcomes. Our military is pretty much nuclear hardened...and that includes the IN NG. This includes multiple units of CAV, Military Police, Field Artillery, Engineering and Signal Companies...On the Air side there's the A10s in Ft Wayne and the Reserve tankers at Grissom. IN has one of the largest Guard populations...about 14k strong. If the Gov. calls them to do so they can begin organizing the larger IN militia called for in our state constitution.

Any Mad Max scenarios will be decades after a general collapse that we never recover from. Certainly, we could be driven back decades but I think it's going to take a more general nuclear exchange to generate that outcome.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks for the education, folks. Evidently I'm way behind the times. Thankfully so.

I was indeed under the impression that an ICBM in descent phase was essentially unstoppable.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Maybe that's being generated by the seismic data that indicates his test tunnel collapsed at the test site after the test...I have not heard that anyone is talking about creating seismic events to put him down, there are easier ways.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe that's being generated by the seismic data that indicates his test tunnel collapsed at the test site after the test...I have not heard that anyone is talking about creating seismic events to put him down, there are easier ways.

I should have been more clear. His tests are creating seismic problems in the area and some scientists are even predicting catastrophic events if he doesn't stop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the "big one" did happen in NK, the fatass (pronounced in an uppity British voice, "faht-tahhss") paranoia would convince him that the US attacked him with extra-secret technology disguised as the volcano.

Top Bottom