How long does concrete take to cure inside a tire?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I filled my X lawnmower tires up with concrete yesterday. :D Just wondering if anyone knows how long I should wait before I put them back on and drive it.

I say X lawnmower since it's not used to mow the yard anymore. I put a blade on the front of it, welded the differential together for posi trac. It had 2 tires going flat all the time and concrete is cheaper than new tires.:D Plus I needed the weight, I used 280LBS of concrete to fill them up with. It also has 40 LB wheel weights and chains.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would give it 48 hrs to be sure.
    Got any pix? it sounds like an interesting machine

i was thinking the bags ive used cement/concrete out of said 72... either way 48 should be good with the weather we are having if its not for anything serious...

but +1 on the pictures... i want to see this!

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Been offline for a few months and forgot to put pics of this monster on here.

Here it is.
    0626011930.jpg

Complete with cement in tires. I had welded the axle together for full posi trac and it worked great until I went to fast and blew the transmission apart. So if anyone has an old mower like this I'd be happy to haul it off for parts or just the transmission.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    lol i forgot all about this! how did the wheels do?
    They did pretty good, a little rough. No more flats:rockwoot::rockwoot:

cool stuff. how does she do in the snow?
    Not sure yet, I need a new transmission and snow. It worked great this summer for a few months until I went way to fast on the driveway and put too much torque to it. The gears went out the bottom.:( Looking for another transmission not to put in it.

oh, a SNOW blade. when you mentioned concrete and posi, i was picturing a jousting blade...

back out to my workshop now with my new medevil idea.
    It was a snow blade in this pic. Now it's a real pushing blade, I took it apart and reinforced it with quite a bit of steel. Took a lot of welding with my little 110 wire welder but I got it on there pretty good. I can push right through a good sized pile of rock and dirt with it now, with out flexing. I'll have to take some more pics of it when I get a chance.

I can make some crazy crap out in my work shop with lawnmowers. A few years ago I unsuccessfully tried to make one of my old lawnmowers run off water. One of these days I will be trying that again when I figure out a better way to separate more water.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    They did pretty good, a little rough. No more flats:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Not sure yet, I need a new transmission and snow. It worked great this summer for a few months until I went way to fast on the driveway and put too much torque to it. The gears went out the bottom.:( Looking for another transmission not to put in it.

It was a snow blade in this pic. Now it's a real pushing blade, I took it apart and reinforced it with quite a bit of steel. Took a lot of welding with my little 110 wire welder but I got it on there pretty good. I can push right through a good sized pile of rock and dirt with it now, with out flexing. I'll have to take some more pics of it when I get a chance.

I can make some crazy crap out in my work shop with lawnmowers. A few years ago I unsuccessfully tried to make one of my old lawnmowers run off water. One of these days I will be trying that again when I figure out a better way to separate more water.
    When you figure it out you will soon become one of the worlds wealthiest people if the oil companies don't kill you first.:D

Top Bottom