• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    How long has you power been out, Or how long was it out? Where you prepared?

Mine went out at 7p.m. tues. evening and finally came back on this morning around 10:30a.m. (thurs.). I have a ventless gas heater in the living room that keep the water lines from freezing. It was still a little cold but I was able to stay there. I brought my battery from my boat in and hooked it up to my daughters portable dvd player to keep her from freaking out, but her and mama ended up going to grandmas.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    My power went out around 8PM Tues night and just came back on a few hours ago. We were NOT prepared for this. We just bought the house a few months ago and are still getting to know it. We didn't plan well for this kind of thing! For instance, I had no idea that when the power went out, we'd lose water due to no power to the well pump. (Never had a well before) Live and learn!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Mine went out at 7p.m. tues. evening and finally came back on this morning around 10:30a.m. (thurs.).

Serious? Mine was out for a couple hours Tuesday evening (neighbor told me, I was at work) but it was on when I got home. Never did lose power after that either. That's messed up.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    Serious? Mine was out for a couple hours Tuesday evening (neighbor told me, I was at work) but it was on when I got home. Never did lose power after that either. That's messed up.

yea and the power line was down it the front yard. I guess sense it only affected 3 houses it wasn't a priority

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    power came back today. all toll i was out about 63 hours. the first 16hrs was with no generator so today i spent most of the day fixxing busted pipes:xmad: and i think my water heater is fried.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    There goes the 308AR :):

so far it hasn't been expensive just time consuming. some of my house was built on a crawl space that you have to enter from the outside. i dont know who they thought could crawl in there but my fat xxx cant. and this is not great weather to try and dig a little tunnel in

so all the plumbing is fixxed and i think i may have burnt up my water heater. i dont know how because it never had power to it. im hoping i just got something wired wrong but i got pissed and gave up for today.
    guess what im doing in the am

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    40 galon water heater in a house with 2 adults, 2 teenage girls, and a girls on the way is not going to work.

im hoping i burnt up the elements by running it with no water (hoping not thinking) if i have to buy one ill go to lowes and get a 52 gallon energy effecent expensive one. it will pay for iteself in time.

i appriciate the effort though

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    40 galon water heater in a house with 2 adults, 2 teenage girls, and a girls on the way is not going to work.

im hoping i burnt up the elements by running it with no water (hoping not thinking) if i have to buy one ill go to lowes and get a 52 gallon energy effecent expensive one. it will pay for iteself in time.

i appriciate the effort though

You are going to be outnumbered 4 to 1.:runaway:

:laugh:

Good to hear you aren't out too much $$$ from busted pipes...Although, with 4 females living with you, I'd probably go bigger on the water heater.:):

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    If you have natural gas to the house, a gas hot water heater has a much faster recovery time than electric. Over the years, I've had both.... gas is the way to go.... if you have that option.

We never lost power, but I test-fired the generator on Tuesday. We've got 15 gal of fuel on site, and another 150 gal within 15 minutes, plus what's in the vehicles. Power around here is usually fragile during storms, but we had no issues this time.... knock on wood.....

Top Bottom