How long will it take before SHTF? Shut down Food Stamps? SNAP? EBT? Ruh Roh!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Yes, people will steal will steal to survive rather than work if they lose that ebt card

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Heck, they'll steal not just to survive. The bar ain't THAT high.

If you doubt, just look how easily something turns into rioting, and then looting.

I've had dogs with a better moral compass.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There was violence at two Walmarts on the east cost that were over run by the welfare mobs who stripped the shelves dry. I think that was a dry run to test the reaction of the masses. Since the masses did not do mass retaliation on federal leaders, the Washington types probably feel open permisssion to shut off the welfare money with safety to themselves.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Gary? Better mount an M-60 twin mount to the roof rack. Target rich environment! No tango goes w/o a hole or two!!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I've told people for some time now that all the recent movies and TV shows about zombies were not actually about the "walking dead" but rather an analogy about what will happen when the govt. goes belly up and all the "Ozombies" quit getting their free housing, free food, free cell phones, etc. The only problem is that when the "Ozombies" start looting and pillaging and the rest of us protect ourselves, families, and property Obozo will use that to declare martial law.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've told people for some time now that all the recent movies and TV shows about zombies were not actually about the "walking dead" but rather an analogy about what will happen when the govt. goes belly up and all the "Ozombies" quit getting their free housing, free food, free cell phones, etc. The only problem is that when the "Ozombies" start looting and pillaging and the rest of us protect ourselves, families, and property Obozo will use that to declare martial law.
    Do you really think that the 82,000 residents of Howard would be lucky enough to even be considered if this was to happen? What would make you, or any of the small counties in Indiana that important?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A couple of sayings (well one is actually a strategy of sorts) comes to mind:

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.” Benjamin Franklin

vs.

Bottom up, top down, inside out. Van Jones

Knowing our president is a community organizer by trade and associates with the likes of Jones, it would not surprise me in the least they would lose no sleep if the discomfort of the entitled resulted in the overwhelming of the system to bring about more of the fundamental transformation he campaigned on.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Do you really think that the 82,000 residents of Howard would be lucky enough to even be considered if this was to happen? What would make you, or any of the small counties in Indiana that important?
    Didn't mean to sound self-important, God knows we're just poor little s*it kickers here. What I meant was that if there was any looting, rioting, and/or pillaging in any of the MAJOR METROPOLITAN areas that it might give Obozo an excuse to declare martial law nationwide.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    This goes back to a bill that was passed and signed into law in 2010. The benefits were temporarily increased and then scheduled to go back to "normal". A family of 3 will lose $29/month.

SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013 ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

uv4JwHf.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    A family of 3 will lose $29/month.

The horror. Two pizzas later, life won't change any for them. Meanwhile, how many billions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted on these programs?

I say we eliminate SNAP and give someone all the institutional-grade food they want as part of their labor team.

If they can work, they should. Period.

And receiving bennies should be contingent upon that work.

Think of it as those prison labor teams-- minus the guard and chains, etc.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Wife is gonna go shopping tonight and stock up a bit more simply to avoid any possible panic crap at the store before then. Also.....gonna get some money out of the bank in case there is a rush or something with the debt ceiling panic! LOL

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I live in a big welfare giving city & I told all my buddies that the mindless zombies are the demon-crats, we will have to make a stand when they try to take our lives & property

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Indeed. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ds-not-working-many-states-4.html#post4519272

This is going to be catastrophically bad. I hate for this to ever turn into an "I told you so" situation for gun owners... but... man.

Do you think it could get bad enough that, in order to "protect the populace", they go door-to-door and disarm people?

Top Bottom