• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The attack on all things not leftist continues unabated. It is not hyperbole to suggest it could happen here.

Conservative Tree House was just deplatformed by their internet hosting company.

One week after the 2020 presidential election, The Conservative Treehouse received the following notification:

…”given the incompatibility between your site’s content and our terms, you need to find a new hosting provider and must migrate the site by Wednesday, December 2nd.

What does this mean? It means CTH is being kicked-off the WordPress website hosting platform because the content of our research and discussion does not align with the ideology of those who define what is acceptable speech and what is not.

vBulltein could decide they do not like what we say, and poof, gone...

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Conservative treehouse is using WordPress hosting. They can move to another host and still use the WordPress software to run the site, if they want to.

INGO is hosted by GoDaddy, vBulletin is the software that the site currently operates on. GiDaddy and vBulletin each have their own terms of service.

I wonder which part of the TOS Conservative Treehouse us supposed to have violated? Do they intend to fight this?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Conservative treehouse is using WordPress hosting. They can move to another host and still use the WordPress software to run the site, if they want to.

INGO is hosted by GoDaddy, vBulletin is the software that the site currently operates on. GiDaddy and vBulletin each have their own terms of service.

I wonder which part of the TOS Conservative Treehouse us supposed to have violated? Do they intend to fight this?

What was our violation? After ten years of brutally honest discussion, opinion, deep research and crowdsourcing work -with undeniable citations on the events we outline- there is no cited violation of any term of service because CTH has never violated one.

The WordPress company is not explaining the reason for deplatforming because there is no justifiable reason for it. At the same time, they are bold in their position. Perhaps this is the most alarming part; and everyone should pay attention. They don’t care.

Accepting -at its core- this move is all about politics, this is yet another reference point in the tenuous nature of where we stand. There’s no hate-speech on this website; there’s no graphic, violent, foul or abusive speech here.

The ‘content‘ of the Treehouse is the same discussion that happens around your kitchen table or back porch discussion with friends. We would never cheapen or insult that conversation with vulgarity because that’s not who we are… because that’s not who our nation is. So consider this next part very carefully…

The ‘content’ is not compatible with WordPress, the world’s largest website and blog hosting service. The content within the largest blog on that global platform is what has become troublesome. “The content”.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/11/15/the-treehouse-is-deplatformed/#more-203863

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That bit of hyperbole didn't answer my question. I wonder why they didn't publish the entire communication from Automatic ( the owners of WordPress)?

If they do not have backups of their data they are idiots. If they don't own their domain name, they are idiots. There are a number of hosting companies that will migrate an existing WordPress based site as part of getting your hosting business. They should be no more than inconvenienced by the hosting issue. The WordPress software is licensed under GPL, which means they can continue to use the software, making migration easier.

Once they get the hosting resolved they can deal with the legal issues, because they are editing what they were told I am taking it with a grain of salt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That bit of hyperbole didn't answer my question. I wonder why they didn't publish the entire communication from Automatic ( the owners of WordPress)?

If they do not have backups of their data they are idiots. If they don't own their domain name, they are idiots. There are a number of hosting companies that will migrate an existing WordPress based site as part of getting your hosting business. They should be no more than inconvenienced by the hosting issue. The WordPress software is licensed under GPL, which means they can continue to use the software, making migration easier.

Once they get the hosting resolved they can deal with the legal issues, because they are editing what they were told I am taking it with a grain of salt.

This is common from big tech to not be specific in situations like this. I hear complaints like this all the time. This is what CTH said.

"WordPress company is not explaining the reason for deplatforming"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not just that but the classifieds section drive a lot of traffic to INGO.
    Crush that and the site value is going to take a hit.

There are plans to do just that BTW... And SURPRISINGLY from that staunch defender of the 2A ... joe bidet!

A link for people here that voted for joe WITHOUT reading what he wants to do to gut the 2nd Amendment.
    https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Require background checks for all gun sales. Today, an estimated 1 in 5 firearms are sold or transferred without a background check. Biden will enact universal background check legislation, requiring a background check for all gun sales with very limited exceptions, such as gifts between close family members. This will close the so-called “gun show and online sales loophole” that the Obama-Biden Administration narrowed, but which cannot be fully closed by executive action alone.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

That's INGO kids ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't think it will impact INGO...
    If you remember, even how we post material on INGO was restricted back during the DMCA debacle and lawsuits.
    People would post entire articles, that was forced to be stopped. NOW we post short clips and links to the articles.
    The law directly affected INGO, had INGO decided to ignore the guidelines it could have been sued out of existence and there was a group doing just that back then.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not just that but the classifieds section drive a lot of traffic to INGO.
    Crush that and the site value is going to take a hit.

There are plans to do just that BTW... And SURPRISINGLY from that staunch defender of the 2A ... joe bidet!

A link for people here that voted for joe WITHOUT reading what he wants to do to gut the 2nd Amendment.
    https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

That's INGO kids ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't think it will impact INGO...
    If you remember, even how we post material on INGO was restricted back during the DMCA debacle and lawsuits.
    People would post entire articles, that was forced to be stopped. NOW we post short clips and links to the articles.
    The law directly affected INGO, had INGO decided to ignore the guidelines it could have been sued out of existence and there was a group doing just that back then.

Hey wait and what?

Are you saying some all wise person on INGO voted for an executive without even reading the executive's published platform?

No way...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Hey wait and what?

Are you saying some all wise person on INGO voted for an executive without even reading the executive's published platform?

No way...

Yep - and then claimed that it didn't matter for them, because they had LEOSA protection for their rights, and you and I most often DON'T - but our rights don't matter. Yessir, that's exactly what I'm saying.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Again, I'm faced with the irony of folks who decry businesses that are "forced to bake the cake" and then ALSO crying about business that refuse to "bake their cake".

Which is it fellas? Can a private business decide what to do with/how to treat their own customers or not?

As mentioned far above, there are other web-hosting companies. Vote with your wallet/feet!
    I tend to get my haircut at the barber shop, not the salon. Capitalism at its finest.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Again, I'm faced with the irony of folks who decry businesses that are "forced to bake the cake" and then ALSO crying about business that refuse to "bake their cake".

Which is it fellas? Can a private business decide what to do with/how to treat their own customers or not?

As mentioned far above, there are other web-hosting companies. Vote with your wallet/feet!
    I tend to get my haircut at the barber shop, not the salon. Capitalism at its finest.

You need to get out of the cave more. Your reply uses simplistic economic principles on highly complex issues. If you disagree with the breakup of Standard Oil, ATT, etc. then the following will not change your mind. Big tech is engaging in anti-trust behaviors both economically and politically.

So if you talk guns to a buddy and set up a time to meet to shoot you are ok with your cell phone service provider notifying you that you are being cancelled because they don't do business with people that own guns? Your internet provider shutting you down because you are on a gun forum and they don't do business with gun people? If you think that unlikely we currently have big tech monitoring the posts of little guys like you and me.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    You need to get out of the cave more. Your reply uses simplistic economic principles on highly complex issues. If you disagree with the breakup of Standard Oil, ATT, etc. then the following will not change your mind. Big tech is engaging in anti-trust behaviors both economically and politically.

So if you talk guns to a buddy and set up a time to meet to shoot you are ok with your cell phone service provider notifying you that you are being cancelled because they don't do business with people that own guns? Your internet provider shutting you down because you are on a gun forum and they don't do business with gun people? If you think that unlikely we currently have big tech monitoring the posts of little guys like you and me.

Not at all. The monitoring has been happening for nearly 30 years now... It's only widely known today, because the technology has become pervasive in all areas of people's lives by their own choice. Don't want to be traced and tracked? Get a flip-phone. Pay-as-you-go. Giving up your privacy is part of what you're paying for that service.

We've seen this with credit cards and banks as well - "We don't like what you're doing. We're closing your account."
    Again, like-minded folks called and cancelled their accounts. Made it known why they were cancelling their account.

NONE of these businesses are sole-providers of service. That's how the free market works.

I've witnessed multiple turnover for "online registration" services that initially began as free (as in beer) but later transitioned to a pay-for-play platform. Competitors sprang up immediately to take their place (and then later add fees themselves). Something as simple as "pay me for your usage" created alternatives.

There are alternatives out there. If you don't like their rules, find another roof to inhabit.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not at all. The monitoring has been happening for nearly 30 years now... It's only widely known today, because the technology has become pervasive in all areas of people's lives by their own choice. Don't want to be traced and tracked? Get a flip-phone. Pay-as-you-go. Giving up your privacy is part of what you're paying for that service.

We've seen this with credit cards and banks as well - "We don't like what you're doing. We're closing your account."
    Again, like-minded folks called and cancelled their accounts. Made it known why they were cancelling their account.

NONE of these businesses are sole-providers of service. That's how the free market works.

I've witnessed multiple turnover for "online registration" services that initially began as free (as in beer) but later transitioned to a pay-for-play platform. Competitors sprang up immediately to take their place (and then later add fees themselves). Something as simple as "pay me for your usage" created alternatives.

There are alternatives out there. If you don't like their rules, find another roof to inhabit.

Just continue to live in your world of economic purity ignoring the signs, there are only a small cadre of CC companies Visa, MC, etc. that a few companies can lock you out of a financial or virtual market over your political beliefs must be corrected. If Trump can pull this out I believe we will get this done. Remember the the pure capitalists were against the Standard Oil break up, but it worked out better for all Americans, breaking up big tech and protecting their speech ability is a great thing.

How would the founders have dealt with the situation where all printing press manufacturers banded together to keep presses from those with certain views from having the tools to express those views?

It is an entirely different thing to require someone to do something that conflicts with their beliefs and require a hosting site to allow all points of view. No one is for requiring the hosting site to create anything, just allow users creative freedom, that is far different from requiring creation of something.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Now explain why your electric power, water and gas (if applicable) are controlled by a public utilities commission. Could it be monoploies of essential services were found to be prone to abuse?

Explain why there is competition to provide your ISP or phone service. Was it because the first businesses to obtain monopoly concentration did the right thing and voluntarily gave others access?

The more data, search and comms become essential services, the more pressure will be brought to bear to regulate them and break them up - and they will have few defenders even among those who benefitted from their policies up until that point. It is only a matter of time

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Now explain why your electric power, water and gas (if applicable) are controlled by a public utilities commission. Could it be monoploies of essential services were found to be prone to abuse?

Ironic, my one and only Poly Sci class prof was a liberal so I wore my NRA hat to every session. This was one of her examples of why we need government. I argued against it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ironic, my one and only Poly Sci class prof was a liberal so I wore my NRA hat to every session. This was one of her examples of why we need government. I argued against it.

So, should the conclusion be drawn from this anecdote that your professor was wrong because she was a liberal, or that we should conclude you are not wrong because you wore an NRA hat or argued against that position? Perhaps you overlooked the word 'explain'? :rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, should the conclusion be drawn from this anecdote that your professor was wrong because she was a liberal, or that we should conclude you are not wrong because you wore an NRA hat or argued against that position? Perhaps you overlooked the word 'explain'? :rolleyes:

4D chess baby.

Over time, the realization that greater profits could be had by standardized connections would drive companies to cooperate.

Never assume I am right or a liberal is right. That's pretty much goes against the far right INGO wing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom