• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've noticed the same thing as well. BUT....they strayed too far from the mold imho.
    I had the CZ75b and I've got 2 HP now. one in 9 and one in .40. I'm sticking with the 1911 for feel, security, tradition, and friggin punch

I would love for them to come up with a .45 on the scale of the compact. Unfortunately, their primary market is in Europe and the .45 is not very popular over there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I would love for them to come up with a .45 on the scale of the compact. Unfortunately, their primary market is in Europe and the .45 is not very popular over there.

If you can find a Springfield Ultra Compact, they are really nice. It is not tiny, but fairly easy to conceal. I like the comfort of the weight on my belt and knowing it is there if I need it. I never see them at the gun shop but have seen them on armslist and some of the other sale forums at times. I love mine!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you can find a Springfield Ultra Compact, they are really nice. It is not tiny, but fairly easy to conceal. I like the comfort of the weight on my belt and knowing it is there if I need it. I never see them at the gun shop but have seen them on armslist and some of the other sale forums at times. I love mine!

Those are really nice guns. But, just like Jetgirl is a 1911 fangirl for life so too am I a CZ fanboi for life. Everybody has their thang. Hers is better for her and mine is better for me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I agree. I've got a RIA that's been very good to me. Recently the firing pin broke and I pulled it down to bare bone. That thing is significantly worn inside at 2,600+ rds. I doubt I'll put $300 in it in good parts to bring it up to top shelf working order. Shame too, it's been a decent gun. I know about the warranty btw.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I agree. I've got a RIA that's been very good to me. Recently the firing pin broke and I pulled it down to bare bone. That thing is significantly worn inside at 2,600+ rds. I doubt I'll put $300 in it in good parts to bring it up to top shelf working order. Shame too, it's been a decent gun. I know about the warranty btw.

I had the RIA experience. Their service department had it longer than I did. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I had the RIA experience. Their service department had it longer than I did. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

I am with you on that. My second one wouldn't feed properly. Back it went and 3 weeks later I got it back. My LAST one never would feed and they had to replace it. I sold it NIB. I'm done with the imports.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A "friend from another forum" just got a Dan Wesson Valor that is making me drool. Man, it is a beautiful gun and he says the fit and finish are really spectacular. I may have to rethink this. :laugh: I would absolutely love to have a V-Bob.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Oh, I've had them before. This will be blasphemy to some people but I truly believe that there is a direct lineage from the 1911 to the Hi Power to the CZ 75. I have owned all three and the natural progression seems obvious to me.

You are not alone in this line of thinking. I own a variety of hand guns and the 3 mentioned are probably my mostest favoritist (Just for JG)! I battle often on which platform I like the best. The Hi Power wins out often for ease of carry and 15rd mags but then I think the Lightweight Commander in 38 Super or .45 would be better. The CZs I shoot at the range and have for the house but are sweet shooters as well. Of course as I type this I'm carrying an HK P7. :n00b:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You are not alone in this line of thinking. I own a variety of hand guns and the 3 mentioned are probably my mostest favoritist (Just for JG)! I battle often on which platform I like the best. The Hi Power wins out often for ease of carry and 15rd mags but then I think the Lightweight Commander in 38 Super or .45 would be better. The CZs I shoot at the range and have for the house but are sweet shooters as well. Of course as I type this I'm carrying an HK P7. :n00b:

If I didn't control myself I would have 20 handguns of different makes models and calibers and I would have holsters for them all. I just feel more comfortable, given the stakes, having one platform that I am intimately familiar with and few variations on that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am with you on that. My second one wouldn't feed properly. Back it went and 3 weeks later I got it back. My LAST one never would feed and they had to replace it. I sold it NIB. I'm done with the imports.

And I get brutalized when I say do not buy RIA as a first 1911 regardless of the price. Someone posted they had over 10K out the barrel no issues....I call Bravo Sierra

Top Bottom