• ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Check the orriginal thread.

I would suppose that there are several if not many on here that can claim to have received multiple DD-214's and for a variety of reasons. I actually received three. The first when I was discharged as a E5 to be appointed as a Warrant Officer WO1. The second when I was discharged as a CW2 and commissioned as a 2LT in the Infantry. And my third and final one when I separated from active duty as a 1LT U.S.Army Infantry. Only the third one tells the complete story though and is my official service record.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have three. One from Active Duty 1979-1985. One from the Kosovo Crisis. One for a year on AD after 9/11. Copies filed with my local VA office and county clerk. Currently locked up in my Safe Deposit Box.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just one. I also filed it at my hometown courthouse, although until this thread popped up I completely forgot about that. I've got my original issued one in my gun safe and so far *knock on wood* I've never lost it.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Claim-None
    Received-Mulitple
    And thank you for your service is fine, in which I always reply with thank you for your support!
    (even though it doesn't need to be said, this is the career path that some of us chose and we don't need to be thanked for it.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Just one that I know of. I did do the voluntary naval reserve for about 9 months after I got out on active, but it was a joke & waist of taxpayers money so I told them I wasn't coming back.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just one that I know of. I did do the voluntary naval reserve for about 9 months after I got out on active, but it was a joke & waist of taxpayers money so I told them I wasn't coming back.

And you got out just like that? No AWOL?

Top Bottom