How many earthquakes per day is “normal”?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    If you are curious about them...there's a YouTuber that's a bit of a tin hatter but puts out some interesting/curious content on the subject. Do a search on dutchsinse and it should pop up. He's got some interesting content about the offsetting earthquake activity that I hadn't really heard of before - seems a seismic event on one side of the globe will cause an offsetting event on the other side of the globe. Kinda interesting...

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Similar to predicting the weather, physics, hydrodynamics, temperature, atmospheric pressures, stress, strain, plate tectonics, earth’s internal physics, gravity pull, just a very few dynamics in play at the time. Trying to predict these things have made a lot of guy’s rich. Mostly PhD’s. And they don’t have a clue.

See poisson’s equation.

Think: Chinese handcuffs, where you stick your fingers in the tube, then try to pull them out, and it gets tighter. Good luck if you can figure it out. I tried for a decade.

Quote. “Is it time for doomsturbation time yet”? Don’t know, but we’ve been here (earth) for 4.5 billion years. You’re guess is as good as mine. :stickpoke:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Similar to predicting the weather, physics, hydrodynamics, temperature, atmospheric pressures, stress, strain, plate tectonics, earth’s internal physics, gravity pull, just a very few dynamics in play at the time. Trying to predict these things have made a lot of guy’s rich. Mostly PhD’s. And they don’t have a clue.

See poisson’s equation.

Think: Chinese handcuffs, where you stick your fingers in the tube, then try to pull them out, and it gets tighter. Good luck if you can figure it out. I tried for a decade.

Quote. “Is it time for doomsturbation time yet”? Don’t know, but we’ve been here (earth) for 4.5 billion years. You’re guess is as good as mine. :stickpoke:
    Sorry about your Chinese handcuff problem.
    I’ll remember that if I ever come cow rustlin’ up your way.

Weathermen (and other predictors) are the only ones that get paid whether they’re right or wrong! Drives me nuts. They say one of everything so they can play the tape back of them saying the right thing after the fact. We have to commit to doing something based on their word.
    Can you tell my sons hay just got rained on again?

Anyway, I digress (see avatar).

Reactions: Mij

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The interesting thing to me is that the Richter Scale is logarithmic.

A magnitude 2 is 10x the power of a magnitude 1 quake. A magnitude 3 is 100x and a 4 is 1000x

Top Bottom