• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe the 51% rule is for bars that also serve some food, not restaurants that also have a liquor license.

So a "Bar and grill" where you go for a beer(s) to watch the game with your friends and possibly somebody orders some wings, would automatically derive over 51% of their profits from alcohol sales. A restaurant that also serves beer like Pizza hut would be nowhere near that %.

And I'd be less worried about the actual percentage... thats legalese for "if you sell more alcohol than food..." I couldnt imagine a non-bar hitting anywhere near that mark.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Just a thought, but if one is heading some place where they're unsure of the applicable firearms laws, it's usually worth the time and effort to check and insure them self of the laws, rules, and regulations before heading in that direction.

At any rate, it's usually inadvisable to do something, then jump on the 'net and inquire as to what laws were broken, LOL...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I AM NOT LICENSED IN KENTUCKY. This is general information and not legal advice. It is in your best interest to consult with an attorney in Kentucky.

However, I told you I'd look it up and here is the strange (to me as a Hoosier) distinction that Kentucky makes between bars/taverns and restaurants.

KRS 244.125: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=40574

If you were drinking alcoholic beer, then that might be an offense. I'll check on that too after work.

Last edited:

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    Contacted the KYOAG they said to contact the KY State Police. KY State Police said it is not against the law to have a drink while carrying.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While one cannot be in a bar or tavern in Kentucky while carrying, I find no statute against consumption of alcohol while carrying in Kentucky in say the restaurant portion of the facility.

There may be an administrative rule or letter ruling that I cannot find.

Top Bottom