• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Corydon
    Should a gen 4 19 glock come with?? .... my LGS said it comes with two..I heard gen 4's come with three.. are they trying to swindle me out of a mag so they can re-sale it for a profit? If so should I refute the fact that I should get three when I make a payment on the layaway? Or is it too late since I already put it on layaway?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I did a quick search online. Looks like 3 should come with it. I know absolutely nothing about Glocks though. :twocents:

cziemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Monticello
    (I've never bought one) But, some quick googling show's that everyone who sells them new, lists them with 3 magazines for the Gen 4. Since you've already put it on layaway, you might be screwed, if the the LGS is really doing something shady. However, have they or you opened it and looked? Maybe there is two in the packaging and one in the gun and they just glanced over it? Or, maybe it's in the case and just not easily visible (under another mag?). Maybe the LGS hasn't even opened it, and he's only going off previous Glocks he has sold, Not sure if any of that applies to you, but from what all the online sellers list, it should have 3.

Ellis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Corydon
    Well when i was fondling it, it had a mag in the mag well , and I asked how many mags it came with. He said two, so not sure if it meant only two, or two more in the box. Didn't see inside the box because I was filling out forms when he put it in there, but it's BNIB, I'll be first owner. I guess I'll just have to clarify when i make my next payment.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If it's BNIB, it should come with 3.
    Gen3 comes with 2
    Gen4 comes with 3

If he's only giving you 2 mags then he took one out.
    On the Glock case, there will be a red label with the serial#, model, etc... it also says "3 15RD"
    If it only comes with 2, that's fine, but he needs to knock $25-30 off the price.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Dunno, myself. All the Gen 3's bought so far have came in a plastic case with one in the mag well and 2 more (3 total) in the case. So :dunno:

However, it should be noted that it was bought at Cabela's, and some times big box retailers have 'special models / combos' that they order for the customers that don't ship out to LGS's. For inventory at Glock, these might come with a different UPC / model number like 'XXXXX-C' (for Cabela's, something like that).

JMO, but it might be possible that Glock ships some out with 2 mags and some with 3, depending on where the gun is being shipped.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Gen 4s come with 3 mags. Since you seem to have some doubt whether the LGS is treating you fairly protect yourself and check out the two mags in the case. Make sure they are "double cut", that is made so that they work no matter which side your magazine release is on. If there is some funny business and they've messed with the mags you might have two of the older, single cuts for the earlier gens that can't have the mag drop changed over. If that's the case you won't be able to flip yours without finding some gen 4 mags.

Also since the gun is supposed to come with three mags politely ask them to contact Glock and have them send a third. It very well could be that the factory screwed up. I work in a gun shop and one day put out a new G26 gen 4. I checked the case and it had just the two backstraps that shipped with the earliest gen 4s. I called Glock and the lady asked me the serial number. When I read it to her she confirmed that that SN range should have also had the two extra straps that have the extended beaver tails. I had argued with the other guys in the shop and they all insisted that only two straps came with the 26. I made the call because I'm "Mr. Glock" and knew better. We promptly received the two extra within a week.

My point is your gun should have 3 mags so insist that the 3rd is provided. Be polite and give the LGS the benefit of the doubt and assume the factory screwed up. Be firm and don't leave the store without the 3rd.

warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    Should a gen 4 19 glock come with?? .... my LGS said it comes with two..I heard gen 4's come with three.. are they trying to swindle me out of a mag so they can re-sale it for a profit? If so should I refute the fact that I should get three when I make a payment on the layaway? Or is it too late since I already put it on layaway?

I have heard of different states having different laws on things like that. The other day I watched an unboxing video of the G17 in Maryland or something and instead of the 17 round mag the guy got 3 10 round mags. I don't know where you live but that may be a reason.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    When you make your next payment, ask to see the box and contents. I would not tip them off that you are looking for it to have 3 mags.
    Open the box, if all three are not pressent, ask about the missing mag. If they are in fact holding mags out, I would not do any more business with them.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When you make your next payment, ask to see the box and contents. I would not tip them off that you are looking for it to have 3 mags.
    Open the box, if all three are not pressent, ask about the missing mag. If they are in fact holding mags out, I would not do any more business with them.

This ^ Every Gen 4 comes with three magazines. I've opened countless brand new Glock boxes, and have never seen a Gen 4 with only two. If there are only two when you go in, be polite, but firm. It sounds as if they removed a mag to sell separately. The only place I've ever heard of that does that starts with a D, and rhymes with on's. No gun shop should ever mimic that place's business practices.

Top Bottom