• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Get my barrel back tomorrow and can not wait to get my pistol back together and shoot it. How many here shoot Ruger MK pistols and do you shoot competitively or for fun.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the ruger mk (pick a number) will always have a home in my collection. my steel gun is a mkIII comped bull barrel with a red dot. need to work the trigger a bit, but shoots pretty well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I bought a Mk II 22/45 bull barrel the other week from Bradis... (I think it was one of Simon's old ones, actually...??)

I don't compete...yet, just plink. I have too difficult of a time seeing the sights. The black/black just don't cut it for me.

Perhaps once I get a new upper for it (cough...cough...ahem) I'll be able to shoot it better. :)

-J-

Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It's funny but my old mark II still gets taken to the range as much as anything I own. It has seen thousands of rounds and still produced very good groups after 20 years. Last summer I noticed that the blue finish was completely gone on the front and back strap. So off to the store I went in search of a new finish. Stripped it down to just the bare grip frame, the bolt and upper and hit it with a couple of coats of high temp flat black paint. I figured that I could only improve it's looks and cover the bare metal. Reassembled it and now it looks much better.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Got my barrel back today and finally got it re-assembled again. I don't know why it is so tricky to put this thing back together. Anyway I have my slab side Stainless Competition Target Model now with a threaded barrel all scoped up and ready to go shooting. Might try to hit the range one night this week.

Are Red Dots or Scopes better, what do you guys think.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    My first real handgun was a Mk II Bull Barrel Target Model Blued. I am trying to find another to replace it.

I got my slab side threaded for a Gemtech OB II that will be in my hands as soon as the BATF approves me.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got a 22/45 Mark III about a month ago. Shoots fantastic righ out of the box. Its going to be my bulls eye .22 after I mount the Ultradot Matchdot. I found this site that has plenty of info. MKIII.org - Ruger MKII, MKIII, & 22/45 Rimfire Handguns

Still have not been able to get the barrel off and I have hammered the hell out of it with a rubber mallet but I am afraid to hit it any harder. The instructions and everything I found online says to hit it but Its really messing with me. I would like to get the barrel off at least once before mounting the Matchdot. Also I am not comfortable working the trigger. It's not bad now but I know it can be improved alot. I found a VOLQUARTSEN drop in trigger kit I am considering but I have been told that it's not needed if you know how to polish the trigger set. The drop in kit says its "drop in" but if I can't get the barrel off that would be a problem. Anybody with any experience have any suggestions or that could work on it for me?

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I shoot mine for fun.

Heck, here's a pic. :D

DSC01187.jpg

Just your basic run of the mill, stock Mark II.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    CandRFan, that is a nice looking Ruger. That is exactly like the one I used to own and am trying to replace. You get tired of it or want to trade it off for something, just drop me a line.

Top Bottom