How many of you have actually had to draw on someone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I ask because a few weeks ago I was leaving a pizza joint and fishing for my keys in my pocket when I looked up to see an urban looking fellow with a 4 inch blade pointed in my general direction. He proceeded to tell me, in an urban tone, that I had made a mistake being a color not similar to his and in his neighborhood and now I would have to pay for my mistake.(I'm sure you can interpret what he actually said)
    He then proceeded to tell me he would be confiscating my wallet, phone, and dinner. After this, I told him he could have my wallet, and reached for my back pocket, returning with my G27 that happened to be near my wallet in location. Had he not at that point turned and ran, he would probably be dead at this point, but I am not going to shoot anyone in the back(unless they happen to be unaware of my presence and attacking someone else). After this incident I went home and ate dinner. No I did not file a police report because A: I did not want my food to be cold, and B: It's not like this guy didn't look just like the other 14 people in the dollar store next to the pizza place, and I doubt even the most diligent police work would not turn up any results. I am sure, however, that this fellow will probably think twice before approaching someone like that.
    Anyway, this all got me thinking, how many people actually have drawn on someone? I'm sure it is not common, and none of my friends have ever done it, but surely others have. Anyone here?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I ask because a few weeks ago I was leaving a pizza joint and fishing for my keys in my pocket when I looked up to see an urban looking fellow with a 4 inch blade pointed in my general direction. He proceeded to tell me, in an urban tone, that I had made a mistake being a color not similar to his and in his neighborhood and now I would have to pay for my mistake.(I'm sure you can interpret what he actually said)
    He then proceeded to tell me he would be confiscating my wallet, phone, and dinner. After this, I told him he could have my wallet, and reached for my back pocket, returning with my G27 that happened to be near my wallet in location. Had he not at that point turned and ran, he would probably be dead at this point, but I am not going to shoot anyone in the back(unless they happen to be unaware of my presence and attacking someone else). After this incident I went home and ate dinner. No I did not file a police report because A: I did not want my food to be cold, and B: It's not like this guy didn't look just like the other 14 people in the dollar store next to the pizza place, and I doubt even the most diligent police work would not turn up any results. I am sure, however, that this fellow will probably think twice before approaching someone like that.
    Anyway, this all got me thinking, how many people actually have drawn on someone? I'm sure it is not common, and none of my friends have ever done it, but surely others have. Anyone here?

So many times I have lost count. Never in plain clothes however. Good job on that though. I think you should have still made a report. At some point that person will be caught. The more charges the better.:twocents:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So many times I have lost count. Never in plain clothes however. Good job on that though. I think you should have still made a report. At some point that person will be caught. The more charges the better.:twocents:

If that person continues doing stupid things like this, he's going to be in the ground, not the court system.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Man, you had a perfectly good shoot and you blew it. Your going to have to learn to shoot faster. The only thing missing was your holster type.

What pizza joint was it?

Oh, 16 years and I have not had a reason to pull it.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i have twice 1st one is a very long story but the short version they pulled a bb pistol out so i pulled a gp100 out,second for no reason a guy tried to run me off the road i was going with the flow of traffic not changing lanes.he stopped suddenly lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Man, you had a perfectly good shoot and you blew it.

I certainly hope this comment was supposed to be for sarcasm.

While many of us carry guns, if any of us actually has to shoot someone the odds are that the shooter, even if totally justified, will experience mental trauma that few of us can understand.

I would hope that nobody here has to do anything more than present a weapon in self defense.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Great job. I'm glad you didn't have to kill anybody!

I also think a police report should have been filled (cold pizza is good anyhow). Also a tip to the media might have generated a positive report about a licensed gun owner protecting himself from an unlicensed criminal...

Note: It is my firm belief that all criminals should be required to obtain a license to commit crime. If I'm required to obtain a license to do legal business, then it only makes sense, right?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I certainly hope this comment was supposed to be for sarcasm.

While many of us carry guns, if any of us actually has to shoot someone the odds are that the shooter, even if totally justified, will experience mental trauma that few of us can understand.

I would hope that nobody here has to do anything more than present a weapon in self defense.

:D

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Glad you were able to walk away unharmed. Only had to show mine once in 15 years of carry. It was at a auto teller at a bank.

After hours, soccer mom was at the machine alone and from the woods behind the parking lot 2 guys walking strait towards her, they looked like snoop dog wanna bes.

Anyway, I am pulling up and see what I perceive to be an assault about to happen. They look over to my way. I just took out my gun and place it on the dashboard of my truck.

They immediately do a 180 and take off. Funny thing was the soccer mom never had a clue. She didn't pay attention to them or me. Easy victim.

I think I may have told this once before. Sorry about the repetition.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Note: It is my firm belief that all criminals should be required to obtain a license to commit crime. If I'm required to obtain a license to do legal business, then it only makes sense, right?
    That's beautiful, just beautiful ! You running for office? With a platform like that, I'd vote for you. :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Couple of times as a civilian. Once during a robbery while working my part time mid-shift job at a convenience store. Got robbed all the time, this one was about to turn violent. Again at my apartment, when a guy forced entry after I answered his knock at the door. First time, all four dudes took off before I finished pulling the trigger, second time I didn't really have a chance to pull the trigger. My GSD pup was eating him, kind of made the gun unnecessary :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Several times.
    Last time I get my tail ripped good for using a Sharpie on the drunk Lt...

Didja draw breasts on his back? You know, in case of emergency?
    :gaychase:

I have drawn so that the other person knew it exactly once, and I hope it is the last time. It was within the first year I carried and to this day I still question my actions, even though I still feel it was justified. I also trained much harder to avoid situations where I would have to do that again.

I have on NUMEROUS occasions had my hand on my gun but with it hidden and on a few occasions been moments away from drawing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom