How many people are switching to a 450 bushmaster this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Got a 20" .450 upper...it is incredibly accurate and reliable and relatively cheap to shoot...My brother and 2 of his buddies had SOCOMS..two of them have sold them..The SOCOMS are just not reliable..(Flame on)...When you buy a $1,200 SOCOM and RR says to grind on the magazine to make it work..that is BS...The ..450 is a great deer hunting round...IF you want to shoot 600 grain slugs thru car doors buy a SOCOM and rock on.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got a 20" .450 upper...it is incredibly accurate and reliable and relatively cheap to shoot...My brother and 2 of his buddies had SOCOMS..two of them have sold them..The SOCOMS are just not reliable..(Flame on)...When you buy a $1,200 SOCOM and RR says to grind on the magazine to make it work..that is BS...The ..450 is a great deer hunting round...IF you want to shoot 600 grain slugs thru car doors buy a SOCOM and rock on.
    Not sure why you'd want to haul around a 20" upper when 16 will do the job.

I paid about 1/2 of the amount you suggest for a Socom, and standard magazines work just fine.

Not sure where you get your information, but its wrong.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    do people still hunt with single shot 12 gauges? (wondering if that makes me an odd person) ;) never shot one of them .458s or .450's, so i cant speculate. especially considering my last deer was dropped at ~25 yards. if it works, why change it?

mr buckman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    do people still hunt with single shot 12 gauges? (wondering if that makes me an odd person) ;) never shot one of them .458s or .450's, so i cant speculate. especially considering my last deer was dropped at ~25 yards. if it works, why change it?

I plan on using one this year for the first time. For the last 4 years or so I have exclusively used my muzzleloader though. If I can't hit it on the first one, chances are pretty bad for me to hit it on the second...or third....or...

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Not sure why you'd want to haul around a 20" upper when 16 will do the job.

I paid about 1/2 of the amount you suggest for a Socom, and standard magazines work just fine.

Not sure where you get your information, but its wrong.

What he said...mine is an 18".

IMG_1278.jpg

bamayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    New Castle
    The only reason I bought a 20 inch 450 upper is because I couldn't find a 16! A good friend of mine has the 16 inch upper with the ace skeleton stock and it's really light and well balanced.

EMB145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have switched to the 450. Built from scratch and shooting all summer. 16 inch barrel, magpul accessories, Leopold VX-ii. I am zeroed at 100 yds with 1 inch group and chrono at 2270 muzzel velocity. Drop at 200 yds is 3 inches.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    The reasons I went with a 20" over the 16" 450 was..!) I think there is a gain of about 100 fps over the 16"(no biggie) and 2). the extra 4" might be a little easier on my ears while deer hunting with no ear protection on. Maybe not valid but thats' why I chose the 20".

Top Bottom