How many people went to high school reunions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Went to my 10th, I doubt I'll go again, too few people to care about. All I did then was laugh at all the jackasses who though they were it hate life in the real world. Any friends I did have I talk to on a daily basis. A reunion is not needed.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Went to my 10th because the wife made me. Waste of time and will never go to another. I see and talk to the people that I want and don't have any desire to communicate with the others.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I went to my 10th. Eh.

I am in contact, through various means, with most people in my graduating class who I care to be in contact with. 36 people in my class and I maintain contact, on some level, with about 10 of them.

I married one of them almost 24 years ago. That's the member of the class of '89 I care most about.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have gone to quite a few but when you live with your class mates for the better part of the year I think it is different from public school. I went to St John's Military Academy, unlike a local public school my class mates are scattered all over the world, this is the only time I see many of them. And the re-union is a 3 day affair with good parties, cook outs, etc.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I blew off my 10yr as they decided to throw it the day after thanksgiving. Most of my class were stuck up even though I was considered a floater and could move between the clicks. I had more fun at my 10yr first deployment reunion even though only 9 of us made it and we had made plans for a yr in advance. I also talk more to those I served overseas than those from high school who went to college that summer of 04 and the majority who have since become liberalized.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I went to my 5th. Not organized by any of my class officers... Just a pitch-in at Shades. I think that a whopping 7 classmates attended - and 2 of them were married.

My 20th was about a month ago. Not organized by any of my class officers. It was a "full weekend" in and around Turkey Run. Camping, a meal at the Inn, canoeing on the Sunday. My family and I did make it over for Canoeing but didn't hook up with my HS group.

I'm in "contact", via Facebook, with just a handful of people that I was good friends with in HS. I've deleted several that I never really was friends with and just had them on FB as a matter of course. Don't have them on there any longer, however.

What REALLY turned me off to the 20 year was that the organizers opened up the reunion to, basically, any graduate in the area that wanted to attend. Meh. Their party, their rules, I suppose...

I went to one of my wife's reunions a few years ago. Found out that one of her HS classmates is a neighbor of ours. They bought and renovated a house that we wanted to inquire about buying!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been to every HS reunion except my most recent one, the 40th.
    And I'll likely go to future ones if possible.

We have a good class that totaled about 150 when we graduated.

Yes, there are classmates I don't care for.
    But there's enough of them that I do enjoy catching up with who would still be close friends if not for geography, that it's worth going.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I blew off my 10yr as they decided to throw it the day after thanksgiving. Most of my class were stuck up even though I was considered a floater and could move between the clicks. I had more fun at my 10yr first deployment reunion even though only 9 of us made it and we had made plans for a yr in advance. I also talk more to those I served overseas than those from high school who went to college that summer of 04 and the majority who have since become liberalized.

I'm thinking of going to one of my reunions for the submarine I was on. I have more of a desire to see those sailors than my classmates.
    Maybe it was because we had more in common?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My hs was really small.
    We didn't have enough boys for a football team.
    Small town kids keep in touch and we meet every few years.
    It's usually at the local gas station by accident or across the state line at the beer joint. Dry county of course

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I went to my 5 year and it was a lot like hanging out in high school, so little time had really passed.

Went to the 10 year and it was fun to see what folks were doing to start their lives, married or single, career choices, etc.

Went to my 15 year and the surprise was how fun and interesting it was to talk with folks I didn't really know well or hang out with in high school.

I never heard about the 20 yr, 25 yr or (gasp) this year's 30th. I am not on any social media sites so that limits things I guess. It is weird though, that I live in the town where I went to high school but I never run into any of my classmates.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I am not on any social media sites so that limits things I guess. It is weird though, that I live in the town where I went to high school but I never run into any of my classmates.

Same here I very rarely see anyone from school, but I don't hang out in the bars eiher

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I just got a facebook notice that my 30th is coming up, and I can feel my appendix busting again!..seems like every 5 years it bursts...damn the bad luck...looks like i'll miss my 6th reunion in a row :(

I look at it this way, I tried to avoided people in my high school for 4 years for free, why would I pay 50-100 bucks to avoid them for 1 night?

if they were good enough to be my friend then, I kept in touch with them!, I don't need to see them every 5 years!!!!

its not like I was a popular or memorable person, I was working in a printshop (after I graduated) and the class vice president came in at least once a week getting photocopies for the rental place she worked at, one day one of the people in my printing class(only 15 in the class) came in with her, and pointed at me, and another person working there and she said "they went to north with us?"

I cant tell you how many classes I had with her, she was on the school newspaper and came into the printing class to give us copy for the newspaper.

so, I think i'll skip another reunion

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I went to a small farm school with a graduating class of 38 members. Our 5 and 10 year reunions where canceled due to lack of enough rsvp's. Which isn't shocking, seriously their was 38 of us. If we were close I probably keep up with you. The rest, I wish you no bad, but don't care to waste a night acting like I care.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    We had about 900 in our graduating class. Our 45th is coming up soon and I am looking forward to it Missed the 20th and 30th but caught the 40th. After all these years the class has grown closer together and the cliques have pretty much disappeared. We've lost quite a number of well-liked kids and that has had an influence on the class.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I am the president of my high school class (graduated in 2013) and unfortunately am responsible for the "planning" of reunions. Can any of you "enlightened" gentlemen provide me some advice on what makes high school reunions good/bad?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Never been to one but when I go visit my sister a couple of times a year it is entertaining to run into "the hot chick" from high school, you know the one, always below her to speak to anybody not in her "click", and see she now outweighs me by a CONSIDERABLE amount!!!!:banana:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Never been to one but when I go visit my sister a couple of times a year it is entertaining to run into "the hot chick" from high school, you know the one, always below her to speak to anybody not in her "click", and see she now outweighs me by a CONSIDERABLE amount!!!! . . . but don't get me wrong --- I'd still hit it!:banana:

FIFY

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I am the president of my high school class (graduated in 2013) and unfortunately am responsible for the "planning" of reunions. Can any of you "enlightened" gentlemen provide me some advice on what makes high school reunions good/bad?
    Booze and nudity were the memorable highlights. Tigers in the bathroom are overkill, just stick with the Cougars.

You need to let some time pass, the babies they had in high school aren't even weaned yet. :)

Top Bottom