How many primers/bullets can you keep in a home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have the room to put piles 15 feet apart so that's not a problem, it just stinks that I am going to have to find a couple of other buildings now. This 750,000 primers in a single building thing is making me find at least 3 buildings to store my primers in and that is just a pain. ;)

"This 750,000 primers in a single building thing is making me find at least 3 buildings to store my primers in and that is just a pain."

You are telling us that you have (at LEAST) 2 and 1/4 MILLION Primers???

I would like to see those three piles of 750K each...Bill.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    A more pertinent question might be, at what volume/number of powder/primers is your house insurance voided?
    SAAMI says that the NFPA places a limit of 10,000 primers for a private residence. I do not know if this has any force of law, but your insurance company might consider it grounds for voiding your insurance.
    http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/SAAMI_ITEM_201-Primers.pdf

Great point. If the house burns down, I want insurance to cover it! That would totally, totally suck to take a total loss on a house, especially if you still have a mortgage balance.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    "This 750,000 primers in a single building thing is making me find at least 3 buildings to store my primers in and that is just a pain."

Meh, it's not that out of the question. I probably have over half a million I've bought over the last 9 years when I got a good deal, and maxing out the hazmat charge. And that was without trying too hard. It's what enables me to thumb my nose at "shortages," and anyone who is not buying primers right now will have no room to complain they can't find any six months from now. If I'd not diversified with PMs I could have a couple million by now. Good liquid asset during rough times. I'd have a lot more except I keep shooting.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

Haha no, I was just kidding around. Sadly I don't measure my primer stash by the million or even hundred thousand, but by the thousand.

Top Bottom