• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    So I would just like to know how many rounds do you really carry?
    I really like the looks of the glock 36 and I am of the opinion that there is very little that 7 rounds of 45 can't fix. Right now I carry a bursa thunder 9 that I only load 10+1 I just want to know what others think.

Oh if this is a repeat sorry I have searched and could not find a thread that addressed this

Ben

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I carry a 9mm Sig p226 15+1 or my Springfield XDm-40 16+1. Both with Speer Gold Dot's. In a high stress environment I'd prefer to have more chances to hit the target personally.

I don't carry any extra mags with me as of now as I don't have anything nice to carry them in short of a pocket. I'll probably remedy that soon.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I will be honest that often I don't know. When I unload I'll take the round of of the chamber and stick it in the safe. Alternating carry weapons means the four rounds I have out came from both guns. I start with 16 in the XD9 or XD9SC.

After seeing the Sanford Florida thing it's probably a good idea to know how many rounds I have at all times.

G36 does look and feel cool, but the XS(s)45 is coming out. Same effect but without the glock imprint :)

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    No matter which gun I am carrying, I always carry 2 reloads for the time Mr. Murphy might want to drop in (and we know he always drops in at the wrong time :n00b:)

I ALWAYS carry a spare mag, because as everyone who carries a semi-auto pistol knows, a mag change is the quickest, surest way to clear a malfunction;)

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    On me right now is my MP 9mm compact. In it is 12+1. I two 17 round mags in my pocket so that's 47. Two more 12 Rounders in the car. My pocket has. 380 bodyguard 6+1 plus one spare for total 13 rounds in .380

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Whatever gun I'm carrying plus at least one reload. If semi, full mag =1 and a spare mag, if revolver full load plus a reload.

Remember, no one who has ever been in a gun fight ever said they wished they had less ammo. The only time you might have too much is if you are sinking or are on fire.

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I guess my thinking is that if I can't hit something in 10 rds. then I don't need to be shooting at it. I do get the extra mag for clearing purposes I had not really thought about that.
    Thanks for all the opinions
    Ben

Top Bottom