How many think this forum is gov't monitored?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Sure, why not? Most of what all of us do is probably watched at some point or another.

It's all in the name of "safety" and "security."

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think it's monitored. I guarantee it. I've met some of them. Why the heck do you think the mods are so quick to ban people who bring up the "R" word?

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    Of course it is. Not that it matters. Every time you buy a gun, ammo, a holster, or anything that would identify a type of gun the gvt knows. Sort of an informal registry so they already know what we all have. Especially people on here willingly put out info on everything they have. So many people have doubts that the gvt is capable of spying on every single citizen, but any veteran will tell you we have no idea what they are capable of. Remember, the devil's greatest trick was convincing man he didn't exist. Muslims call America "the great Satan." Coincidence??

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't think it's monitored. I guarantee it. I've met some of them. Why the heck do you think the mods are so quick to ban people who bring up the "R" word?
    What scutter said!!!! This site is also monitored by local authorities as well. I know of several court cases where threads were printed and submitted as evidence in a case.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    What scutter said!!!! This site is also monitored by local authorities as well. I know of several court cases where threads were printed and submitted as evidence in a case.
    Scary part is that so much of this is open to interpretation simply due to it being a text based medium with no inflection / emotion portrayed.

Way too easy to misconstrue what was said as though you were saying something else. Sad that it comes down to this.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well, some things they will glean from this site:

1. Bacon is the only food group.
    2. The only caliber to carry is .45 (thanks QUE)
    3. Open Carry vs Conceal Carry is more contentious than Liberal vs Conservative.
    4. Bad guys don't follow the rules.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I hope it is monitored...maybe some of the dumb SOB's would learn something useful on here?
    They're not watching to learn, they're watching to profile and collect data.

I can only wish they would learn from some of what they read - but it's not in the job description.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Scary part is that so much of this is open to interpretation simply due to it being a text based medium with no inflection / emotion portrayed.

Way too easy to misconstrue what was said as though you were saying something else. Sad that it comes down to this.

That's a good thing. Overload the PTB with ambiguous raw data. How do you analyze trillions of terabytes of information. The short answer is, you don't. Watching everyone is the functional equivalent of watching nobody.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's a good thing. Overload the PTB with ambiguous raw data. How do you analyze trillions of terabytes of information. The short answer is, you don't. Watching everyone is the functional equivalent of watching nobody.
    That would be the case if they weren't selective when required.

That said - I'm 100% positive a lot of the monitoring/data collection/profiling is done in an automated fashion with a full search of some sort being available.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, some things they will glean from this site:

1. Bacon is the only food group.
    2. The only caliber to carry is .45 (thanks QUE)
    3. Open Carry vs Conceal Carry is more contentious than Liberal vs Conservative.
    4. Bad guys don't follow the rules.

As already noted, several threads have already been entered into evidence in court. People love to spill their guts on INGO.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    From this point forward I will conducting business as usual that the government is listening to phone calls, cataloging said phone calls, watching internet searches, and collecting and analyzing everything we as CITIZENS are doing...

To the Government FLUNKY who is reading this, Burn in hell you worthless tyrant!

Gunner

Top Bottom