• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've seen the 'sprint run' and 'only 1000 built' all over the internet.

Today I went to a pretty sweet gun shop up around Chicago on my drive back home (just drove by). They happened to have a NIB ZT 0551 sitting in the case for $200, which from what Ive seen is a good price.

anyway, it was Elmax, stone washed, right scales, etc, but it's serial number was like 1428???

Thats a bit over 1000. Whats the deal??

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Its called "Mega Sports"

16001 S Lincoln Highway, Plainfield, IL 60586.

Shooting Sports Equipment, Firearms, Ammo, Handguns, Shotguns and Rifles at the Mega Sports Complex in Plainfield IL

I believe this is highway 30, SW of Chicago. One hell of a good selection of rifles, more handguns than Ive seen in one place other than the 1500, tons of GOOD accessories and well known brands, AND a great knife counter. ZT, Kershaw, Benchmade, SOG, and more. All this and an indoor range as well.

They had SCARs on the shelf, 16s and 17s, a guy was actually "buying" a 17, or rather paying for it and then leaving it for 3 days. I was so tempted to buy something there just so I could make the locals made a walk out with it. ;) Lots of high end SACO bolt guns, high end ARs, high end handguns (more H&K and Kimber custom shop guns than Ive seen most places), plus all the standard fare. They must have had 5 o 6 standard glass counter tops FILLED (ie stacked top to bottom) with higher end optics. I think their bottom of the barrel scopes were Leupold. I didnt look at handguns to much because well, I couldn't take it with me. Prices on most things were ok, better than some, but not as good as Plainfield or Bradis, but man they had a hell of an inventory, and enough safes IN STOCK to put all those guns in to ;)

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Its called "Mega Sports"

16001 S Lincoln Highway, Plainfield, IL 60586.

Shooting Sports Equipment, Firearms, Ammo, Handguns, Shotguns and Rifles at the Mega Sports Complex in Plainfield IL

I believe this is highway 30, SW of Chicago. One hell of a good selection of rifles, more handguns than Ive seen in one place other than the 1500, tons of GOOD accessories and well known brands, AND a great knife counter. ZT, Kershaw, Benchmade, SOG, and more. All this and an indoor range as well.

They had SCARs on the shelf, 16s and 17s, a guy was actually "buying" a 17, or rather paying for it and then leaving it for 3 days. I was so tempted to buy something there just so I could make the locals made a walk out with it. ;) Lots of high end SACO bolt guns, high end ARs, high end handguns (more H&K and Kimber custom shop guns than Ive seen most places), plus all the standard fare. They must have had 5 o 6 standard glass counter tops FILLED (ie stacked top to bottom) with higher end optics. I think their bottom of the barrel scopes were Leupold. I didnt look at handguns to much because well, I couldn't take it with me. Prices on most things were ok, better than some, but not as good as Plainfield or Bradis, but man they had a hell of an inventory, and enough safes IN STOCK to put all those guns in to ;)

sounds like heaven!

When we go to the People's Republik, we're considerably farther north. Almost zero chance for me to be able to adjust our trip just to stop in Plainfield...unfortunately.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah I was REALLY surprised when I saw the place, I actually drove by it, then turned around. I couldnt believe how much awesomeness was inside, especially for the People's Republik! it just happened to be on my route home. I was on the west side (Aurora) all week for work, and wanted to avoid downtown, and tolls on the home, so I went 59->30->55->47->74.

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co
    i wanted to know the same thing when i recieved my 551. so i called kershaw they told me it was because there was a problem with the first few and did not send them all out and replaced them with new serial numbers

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it was 1k and 200 is a very good price. they had some issues when they first came out w/ rust and stuff on the liners and something else i can't remember. they got it all worked out and they are killer knives. i would have never sold mine had it been a flipper :)

Top Bottom