• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I was reading old threads, and the one where a wallet was lost and the owners house was apparently being cased came up. My LTCH has my address from 5 years ago on it. I've moved twice since then, but haven't updated my address with ISP to the latest address. How wrong would it be to have a replacement Larry mailed to me with my old address (I rented) and a week later update my address to the new one? The reason is my mom's address is on my license, and I don't want to give anyone a reason to break in should I lose my wallet.

There's a flaw in this plan, some of my mail is currently being forwarded still, but I wonder if the new license would be forwarded. I wonder if they would mail it to my mom's house and I could pick it up there?

I figure that I shouldn't get in trouble since I'm not required to get a replacement when I move, I'm only required to notify ISP of the new address.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    When I moved a few years ago I just sent an email and called ISP. They said to send in for a new license asap but have something on you like your drivers license on you to prove current address and you SHOULD be fine. Its always better to play it safe. Call ISP and see what thy say.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Within 60 days after moving you are required to update your address on a replacement LTCH. Where does it state otherwise?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Within 60 days after moving you are required to update your address on a replacement LTCH. Where does it state otherwise?

On the form you send in to notify of address change. You can either inform of your new address without receiving a new license at no charge or receive a new license with updated address for 20 bucks. So you are required to do it in 60 days but not necessarily with an updated license. Also to the op you can just fax the form in if you are doing the free option. I would suggest doing one or the other immediately.

nkantzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    I thought you had to update upon moving. This is a serious thing dont want anyone to get in trouble and this would be one way to get into trouble.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was going to delete this because some of you don't get it, but I think I'll leave it just for the entertainment.

Do you deliberately keep the incorrect address on your drivers license as well, or is it kept in a different wallet?

Best options to avoid someone getting your address from your LTCH:

1. Don't lose your wallet.
    2. Don't carry your LTCH with you (but expect that you may be detained while its existance is verified).

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Reading comprehension>you. Read it again, I've moved twice since I got my ltch. The license still has my moms address on it. I don't want my address nor my moms address on it, that's why I want one with my former address (ie, after my moms but before my current)
    Yes my drivers license has my current address on it.

"Don't lose your wallet" sounds great in theory, but ill bet there are a few dozen here who have lost or misplaced their wallet at some time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WALLET!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wallet just wants to be free. You can't contain him.

On a serious note: I would be more worried about your debit and credit cards getting cleaned out than any problems via your LTCH.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    To make sure I understand. You want to keep an old address on your LTCH so that if you lose your wallet/LTCH a crook doesn't come to your residence looking for guns. Instead you would have them go to your old address where someone else is probably living and subject them to whatever bad guys intentions are.

Yeah, good thinking.

Top Bottom