• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    My first gun purchase was in 1994 and it was some Czech made 9mm. I paid $300 even for from a friend from work who purchased it and his wife got pissed off about it. She later came and asked me if she could buy it back which I found strange. People are weird. Anyhow it was my first I ended up giving it away to my eldest brothers eldest son this year. It was a nice shooting gun but for the life of me I couldnt' tell you the brand name.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I paid $17 for a Colt 1917 revolver. It was a 45ACP and came with half moon clips. I bought it from an outfit called Kleins sporting goods. It was shipped through the mail . No FFL involved.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was an uniformed newbie in 1997. I cannot remember the off-brand. It was a pocket pistol 380auto with a built in clip! Jammed a lot. Got it for $120. What a mistake! But I still learn everyday and glad INGO exists.

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Pristine S&W 645 from a buddy. 300.00 then he sold me 8 more factory mags for $40.00 he found in his old stuff

scootersid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I paid $49 for my S&W detective special with concealed hammer. It held 5 shells. I wish I still had it. I made the purchase at a gun store used to be downtown Indy. Of course that was in 1963!

The store was Em-Roes when they were still downtown I think on Washington Street.
    I should have kep it along with all the other ones I sold or trade3d or gave away!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Wifey bought me a Raven .25 for my birthday all those years ago. Shot a rabbit with it that winter, right through the boiler room, and still had to run him down to have rabbit stew. Traded the raven off on a Lorcin .380. Boy, that was a big step up. Not. I still have it, but only because I won't take money from someone for it. I have to shave sometime, you know. Lots of toys, tools, and downright awesome handguns since then, even a Raven .25 which I won't get rid of because of sentimental value. Belonged to an old man I knew who's gone on. God bless his memory and his family.

Top Bottom