• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    ...so offshooting from my other active thread (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/394739-advice-tactical-shotguns-home-defense.html), continuing research on the Linberta line of shotguns, I decided to email the company and ask them a few questions about other makes/models they may have and mag tube extension suggestions for some of their other models.

First I tried info@linberta.com, which is an email address purported to be active and monitored. BZZZ! Bounced.

Then I googled that address, and got info@saracgroup.com, which supposedly belongs to the exclusive USA distributor of Linberta firearms. So I emailed them the same questions, and...BZZZ! Bounced.

Hmm. So, then I googled the phone number emblazoned on the linberta.com web page, and got Emperor Firearms - so I sent the same email to their sales@emperorfirearms.com address, and...BZZZ! Bounced.

A quick read of the saracgroup.com homepage is good for a small chuckle. I guess anyone can put up a website, and this must be proof.

Yes, I know Bud's is a dealer and I can find them easily enough, but Bud's walks away counting my money as soon as I sign for the transfer. And no, I did not call the phone number I found.

End result...my buddy has a Linberta shotgun and it shoots well and seems to shoot whatever he feeds it. But, if I can't find them online easily and intuitively then they are off my list.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not calling. Phones are great, and I prefer to call in most situations for anything, but I'm out here doing basic due diligence and missing on the basics. Fail.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Never heard of Linberta. There's plenty of known good companies. Why not buy from a known GTG company???

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Never heard of Linberta. There's plenty of known good companies. Why not buy from a known GTG company???

Plus one on the above. I agree that they are a decent looking firearm but in my mind the $50-$100 you may save it far out weighed by what you are giving up in reputation, proven reliability, and accessory options?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Walk away. In the 21st century there is no excuse for zero web presence. I found some nice B-37 targets at the local surplus store. insanely overpriced, but I like them. I especially like that they appear to ship flat, not rolled. So I googled the name of the company that printed them. Its a printing shop in Dayton, OH. Nothing but a phone number. No web presence, nothing.

I ended up buying a case of another brand from Midway. I really didnt feel like dicking around with some old codger or backwards company who would also probably make me mail them a check. No thanks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well...actually there are a lot of reasons to have no web presence. Just not if you want to sell on the web. Almost all of my media is antisocial.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well...actually there are a lot of reasons to have no web presence. Just not if you want to sell on the web. Almost all of my media is antisocial.

Name me one successful firearm or or modest sized firearm accessory manufacturer without a web presence.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm buying nothing at this point - this is strictly my 'research and due diligence' phase. I'm looking at Mossberg, Weatherby, and some others. I looked at Linberta because I've shot one before and it was/is a good shooter, but their lack of anything substantial support-wise has put me off.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Oh I ended up there when looking for an email address, in fact that's where I got the first email address in the OP...that clearly was a fail! If "Mark" shows up here, he gots some splainin to do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's why I said, Just not if you want to sell on the web.

Not necessarily. Glock doesnt sell online. None of the gun manufacturers do. Yet they have every inch of their product covered with online info. I dont think I can buy Under Armor clothing from them direct. But I sure can see what they make.

The consumer research process has moved online. Thats where info is gleaned for purchase whether it is bought online or not. The only time you dont need a web presence is if you dont want to sell beyond your neighborhood or city. Even then you are gonna have your lunch eaten by out of town-ers who do choose to setup a web presence.

Case in point; Steven R Jenkins. If I google "police uniform supply indianapolis" and they dont have a website, I might not know they exist and end up buying via a Google AdWords ad from Galls or even some other in town business.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can't rep you Camermonkey, but thanks for making my point.

I can't get Hank's delicious smoked brisket on the web, but he's got a website. And a far better site than Lamberta.

:drool:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not calling. Phones are great, and I prefer to call in most situations for anything, but I'm out here doing basic due diligence and missing on the basics. Fail.

I prefer email because it leaves a record you can refer back to and/or send copies of to peeps who forget what they told you last time. I usually wont use a company that wont email.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep. Walk away. In the 21st century there is no excuse for zero web presence. I found some nice B-37 targets at the local surplus store. insanely overpriced, but I like them. I especially like that they appear to ship flat, not rolled. So I googled the name of the company that printed them. Its a printing shop in Dayton, OH. Nothing but a phone number. No web presence, nothing.

I ended up buying a case of another brand from Midway. I really didnt feel like dicking around with some old codger or backwards company who would also probably make me mail them a check. No thanks.

Checks? They still have those?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom