• how often to you handle/inspect your firearms

• Total voters

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I like to pull EVERYTHING out every month and give them a bit of oil. I had a group of buddies over this past weekend. Of course, everyone was carrying. So I pulled every pistol out of the safe, everyone unloaded, and we compared 15 or so handguns side by side! That was alot of fun.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I voted everyday because I carry every day. I don't get them all out everyday.

I would say that they all get at least looked over/cleaned once a month.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Like some of the others, I handle my carry guns every day. Check the one I am going to carry when I put it on in the morning and again when taking it off at bedtime when it goes into the nite stand. Others get a check out before going to the range. I manage to handle almost all of them at least once at least every couple of months, if nothing more than to get it out, cycle the action a few times, practice with getting a sight picture a few times and wiping it off prior to putting it away again. The trap gusn and the bowling pin guns get more action than the more collectables and the carry pieces get the most attention due to their intended use.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Depends, guns that are just riding in the closet/safe get a light oil and maintenance every month or two. My carry firearm gets action checked and reloaded once a day, and cleaned every sunday. (My holster has an open bottom and the inside of the barrel attracts every piece of lint within a quarter mile)

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    I handle em' almost everyday. Rack... aim... dry fire... re-rack... aim ...dry fire. Get familiar with your grip, trigger and sight picture. :yesway:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I check my daily carry every day before I carry it outside on me. I usually brush whatever little white t-shirt lint gets in under the sights from wearing CC. Then I also check my bedside as well before bed.

Top Bottom