Number of States
    won by: Democrats: 19----Republicans: 29
    Square miles of
    land won by: Democrats: 580,000---- Republicans: 2,427,000
    Population of
    counties won by: Democrats: 127 Million--- Republicans: 143 million
    Murder rate per
    100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 --- Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republicans won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare...."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler ' s definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation ' s population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.
    If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal’s and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this
    message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Great post, Thanks for sharing. It is scarry what will happen if the 2010 elections go to the Dems.

If 2010 goes to the Dems and 2012 give BHO another term I will be just like a Hank Williams Jr. Song.

Me and the dog living in the hills drinking homemade wine, cause a country boy can survive.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If 2010 goes to the Dems and 2012 give BHO another term I will be just like a Hank Williams Jr. Song.

Me and the dog living in the hills drinking homemade wine, cause a country boy can survive.

I'll be out there amongst you all. Unless it gets REALLY bad. Then I'm moving to Antarctica where there is no one to pay taxes to, tell me what to do, or how to live my life. It may be a bit cold and low on supplies, but I'll manage somehow! :):

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    It's very similar to the same complaint with Bush's second term. It's the main problem with the electoral college. I understand the concept, but it's still wrong that someone can win the popular vote, but lose the electoral vote.

It also highlights one of the biggest problems facing many states. Cities located within them often over ride the rural residents, due to the urban populations.

Look at what's going on in local governments. You have City Dwellers forcing their ideas for property and behavior on rural people.
    Jackson County just passed an ordinance that supposedly will prohibit non running cars and farm machinery from sitting on your own land?! Never mind for anyone that farms, many of those things are what we use as parts mules, when we buy new equipment. Further, its OURS! Not theirs. But, due to people in town thinking we should all live in McMansions with perfectly manicured grass (talk about harming the planet and wasting resources).

I am a firm believer that Cities should be separated politically and legally from rural areas.

I don't have access to broadband, our phone lines are over 60 years old, the nearest school is 12 miles away and it only goes up to junior high. No, we make concessions for living in the country, but now they want us to be penalized legally for it too.

I am really tired of all this nonsense.

Look at poor Illinois and the mess they have to deal with, in regards to Chicago. One city at the far Northern reach and it dictates everyone's behavior for their own poor judgment and morals.

Montana looks better every day.

Last edited:

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Interesting information that is great to see, but not at all surprising...unfortunately. I wonder if any of the pacifist libs in those Dem counties have connected the dots to see that they should really defect to the other side so they can be where it's safer?

Nevermind...that would require rational thought. Sorry for suggesting it!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's very similar to the same complaint with Bush's second term. It's the main problem with the electoral college. I understand the concept, but it's still wrong that someone can win the popular vote, but lose the electoral vote.

It also highlights one of the biggest problems facing many states. Cities located within them often over ride the rural residents, due to the urban populations.

Look at what's going on in local governments. You have City Dwellers forcing their ideas for property and behavior on rural people.
    Jackson County just passed an ordinance that supposedly will prohibit non running cars and farm machinery from sitting on your own land?! Never mind for anyone that farms, many of those things are what we use as parts mules, when we buy new equipment. Further, its OURS! Not theirs. But, due to people in town thinking we should all live in McMansions with perfectly manicured grass (talk about harming the planet and wasting resources).

I am a firm believer that Cities should be separated politically and legally from rural areas.

I don't have access to broadband, our phone lines are over 60 years old, the nearest school is 12 miles away and it only goes up to junior high. No, we make concessions for living in the country, but now they want us to be penalized legally for it too.

I am really tired of all this nonsense.

Look at poor Illinois and the mess they have to deal with, in regards to Chicago. One city at the far Northern reach and it dictates everyone's behavior for their own poor judgment and morals.

Montana looks better every day.

The problem you describe with the electoral college is exactly what it was supposed to prevent. For those who don't know, when the country was formed, the argument went back and forth whether the representation should be by equal for all states or whether higher population counts should receive more representation. The decision was finally reached that both forms of representation would be employed, hence our bicameral form of legislature, and with it, the electoral college, equal in number to the Congress.
    The main idea was that those states that had more population would be represented by the House, while each state would have equal representation because of the Senate, but that because of that, states with fewer people would still have a say in their government.

The problem arises when you have a specific set of rules that you follow. Someone dishonest will always come along and "game the system", finding the rules and how to exploit them to his/her advantage. I'm surprised it took this long for that person to come along; not saying no one prior to Barry Hussein and the DNC of 2008 was ever dishonest, but none of them ever did what was done in that election:

BloodEclipse posted this link almost a year ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/campaign08/election/uscounties.html

and it clearly shows that the major cities and the states that hold them were specifically targeted by the Obama campaign to gain enough electoral votes to swing the election. (Look at LA and Chicago, specifically, on the 3D picture) I have to give them credit... it was original, it was subtle, and it worked. It was completely contrary to the intentions of our Founders, but that didn't and doesn't matter to the people who want to reshape this country into even more of something the Founders would not recognize than it already is and of which they would be embarrassed and with which they would be disgusted.

It's not a fault with the electoral college. It's a failing of the ethics and morals... or lack thereof... on the part of the people who use Barry Hussein as their figurehead.

It will be difficult at best to re-take our country and return it to the values and intentions of our Founders. I think I agree that cities and non-cities need to be politically separated. I don't see that happening easily. At this point, I just hope that it can happen without bloodshed.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom