• ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Geez, fine here's the pitch.
    "Nuclear-powered, non-radiation, bio-signature gun! Will last 1000 years from power source. Bio-engineered, so that any proximity of less than one inch, and the gun will fire, for approved users. Customizable, so that up to 500 friends and family can use with inputted bio-signatures, in as little as 2 minutes! And if your power source should ever fail, gun immediately reverts to a standard firearm, with no delay.

NOW, if that tech were available, would you be interested?

No.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You probably turned your nose up at fluoridated water too, when was introduced, if think what you quoted was a bad idea.

Dude, I live in Martinsville. The least of our worries when it comes to the water we drink is a little fluoride. If you knew about our water troubles you'd be drinking bottled water too.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Also how did "smart gun" tech become the dominant topic in this thread? Sure it is mentioned in the article posted but it's main focus seems to be smearing the NRA. And, quite ironically, all the things they mentioned that are "bad" about the NRA are things that I, and I'm sure most of us, agree with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As others have said, I wouldn't mind having the option, but I'm not interested in mandating either requiring them or not allowing them. Let the market decide. And keep the government's nose out of it.

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    2 identical guns: 1 with smart tech, 1 without. I'm choosing the 1 without. Now a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...............

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In the hypothetical world where governments never abuse their power, technology always works as intended by its creator and in line with the wishes of its owner, the good guy always wears the white hat and the bad guy always wears the black hat, and good always triumphs over evil.... I might consider such tech on my carry gun.

In the real world, which has none of the above features and all of the above bugs... Not a fornicating chance in hell would I allow such things on my gun.

The question asked upthread was, "would you carry this as a duty weapon, esp. knowing that the BGs out there were carrying what all of us carry now?"

I'm betting the answer is no, because no matter how anti-gunowner you come across sometimes, Kut, you're not an idiot.

Blessings,
    Bill

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exactly, we'll have to test this technology for twenty years in "professional" agencies. Starting with the Secret Service and ATF.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the hypothetical world where governments never abuse their power, technology always works as intended by its creator and in line with the wishes of its owner, the good guy always wears the white hat and the bad guy always wears the black hat, and good always triumphs over evil.... I might consider such tech on my carry gun.

In the real world, which has none of the above features and all of the above bugs... Not a fornicating chance in hell would I allow such things on my gun.

The question asked upthread was, "would you carry this as a duty weapon, esp. knowing that the BGs out there were carrying what all of us carry now?"

I'm betting the answer is no, because no matter how anti-gunowner you come across sometimes, Kut, you're not an idiot.

Blessings,
    Bill

I think that's how Kut prefaced his question, a [STRIKE]hypothetical[/STRIKE] fantasy world where unicorns fart pleasant fragrances and everything just always works.

But in the real world, we tend to view more complex carry guns as less desirable. For example, given two S&W Shields sitting side by side at the LGS, if you're going home with one, it's probably the one without the external safety.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NPR just had a segment on "smart guns". As a successful example, NPR cited a movie, a James Bond movie, Skyfall.

Allowing gun purchase decisions to be dictated by movies? Is NPR INGO now?:D

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Allowing gun purchase decisions to be dictated by movies? Is NPR INGO now?:D
    That's EXACTLY how Beretta sold the 92 during the 80's and Early 90's, and Bruce Willis also started a run on gun stores looking for the Glock 7 ceramic pistol that cost more than you make in a month! Why not NPR?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's EXACTLY how Beretta sold the 92 during the 80's and Early 90's, and Bruce Willis also started a run on gun stores looking for the Glock 7 ceramic pistol that cost more than you make in a month! Why not NPR?

Dude, we have a 7,892 page thread on INGO to a gun selected for being featured in The Avengers movie. Why not Bruce Willis?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I still have a fascination with the MP-5 because of Die Hard 1 and 2. (I know they were HK94s, work with me.)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There were several points in the article. Any opinions on any of the others? Was hoping for some originality!

Top Bottom