• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I bought a Springfield Armory Saint Victor .556 recently. It just so happened that Springfield Armory is having a promotion in which I got a free Magpul magazine, a Grey Ghost sling and a Vortex Crossfire red dot. I didn`t know this promotion was going on, so it was a really nice bonus. I`m researching how to attach the sling to the rifle, but it seems like there can be multiple ways to actually do that, and it`s not obvious to me how this goes on the rifle. Did anyone else

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I bought a Springfield Armory Saint Victor .556 recently. It just so happened that Springfield Armory is having a promotion in which I got a free Magpul magazine, a Grey Ghost sling and a Vortex Crossfire red dot. I didn`t know this promotion was going on, so it was a really nice bonus. I`m researching how to attach the sling to the rifle, but it seems like there can be multiple ways to actually do that, and it`s not obvious to me how this goes on the rifle. Did anyone else
    First off, nice choice! Love my Saint.

It looks like it attaches with a QD mount, did they include that?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I believe all the SA Saint's have a QD socket and a slot on the buttstock. So, for that end, you can either loop the sling through the slot (I'd suggest over the top), or order up a QD sling loop.

For the front, multiple ways, but if you want to do QD on the front, you can order up a QD socket to mount to the Mlok rail. But, that's just one way. There are several options.

Couple of examples below:
    BCM QD Mount
    BCM QD Swivel

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    First off, nice choice! Love my Saint.

It looks like it attaches with a QD mount, did they include that?
    Thank you and I`m glad to hear that someone else has the rifle and thinks that it`s a good one.
    Yes, they included a swivel attachment, which I presume is the Quick Detach mount. The sling looks to be very basic, which is more than fine with me, I don`t need anything fancy at all.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I believe all the SA Saint's have a QD socket and a slot on the buttstock. So, for that end, you can either loop the sling through the slot (I'd suggest over the top), or order up a QD sling loop.

For the front, multiple ways, but if you want to do QD on the front, you can order up a QD socket to mount to the Mlok rail. But, that's just one way. There are several options.

Couple of examples below:
    BCM QD Mount
    BCM QD Swivel
    They included a swivel which I presume is the QD mount, and yes, it would appear that the sling would attach on the stock thru a slot, but I`m not familiar with these things and it`s just not obvious to me how this goes into place.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`m going to get to a gunsmith after deer season to get the red dot mounted and bore sighted, so maybe I`ll see if he can advise me. I just had hoped to get the sling attached right away.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I`m going to get to a gunsmith after deer season to get the red dot mounted and bore sighted, so maybe I`ll see if he can advise me. I just had hoped to get the sling attached right away.
    Greg, you don't have a bore sighting laser cartridge? I'm sighting in new optics now...well worth the $20 on Amazon for it and then tighten it up in the backyard.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Lots of ways to attach a sling to an AR. What you ultimately end up with will be personal preference developed through use and training.

I like a basic two point sling with a QD mount on the left side of the hand guard and either a QD or sling threaded through the rear of the stock.

I also like having the option of using the QD attachment to move the rear part to the rear of the receiver under the buffer tube. That shortens the span of the sling but almost acts like a single point.

Here are a couple of videos to get you started.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

When I was still learning, I stumbled on this video and it turned into the default way I use slings on all my semiauto rifles to this day. You'll need one of these to attach it to the handguard, and you'll need just the QD button to attach to the stock.

1700755705285.png

Also you probably don't need to pay somebody to bore sight a red dot. Every red dot I've ever taken out of the box and installed on an AR has been on paper at 50. Or, at least, able to use dirt splash and an empty water bottle on the berm or something to walk it to paper.

Top Bottom