• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The final step is really the sticking point that antis do not consider. Making alcohol or drugs illegal did not legislate them out of existence. They needed to be seized by force if not voluntarily surrendered.

The scope of enforcing this idea on CONUS is economically, politically, and logistically an absolute nightmare.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm picking up a lot of virtual rep. :)

That's okay. I can't claim credit for the video anyway. Glad you thought it as worthwhile as I did.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not much to add...

[video=youtube_share;bnoFKskvSq4]http://youtu.be/bnoFKskvSq4[/video]

Off subject, but, Years ago I heard the statistic that there were 3000,000,000 firearms in the US. Now years and years later I hear that there are 350,000,000. I really believe that with the uptick of purchases since 2008 there must be more than that. either that or we are eating a lot of them.

fatvette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Off subject, but, Years ago I heard the statistic that there were 3000,000,000 firearms in the US. Now years and years later I hear that there are 350,000,000. I really believe that with the uptick of purchases since 2008 there must be more than that. either that or we are eating a lot of them.

Boat Accidents:):

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    :DI was going to post it on FB for all my looney-left aquaintances but I don't need to, they're already giving me the cold shoulder:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wanna bet some democrat will propose a constitutional amendment to repeal the 2A before a republican proposes a repeal of NFA (and related laws)? Neither realistically has a chance to pass but at least they keep trying.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    That 5th step is one that the antis just miss. They assume that because they're a bunch of pussies that we are also a bunch of pussies. A small percentage of gun owners going on general strike would mean no power, no food, no transportation, let alone the molon labe.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think the top "anti's" envision anything like a door to door confiscation. You'd have to repeal more than the 2nd amendment to make that happen. I recall all the conversations leading up to the 1st AWB under Clinton with people talking about burying guns in special cases, hiding them in the attic insulation, etc. etc. What I pointed out then, and now, is that a hidden gun is a nearly useless gun. Sure you still own it...but so what? What happens when you dig it out to defend yourself? How much more concerned with 'printing' will you be, and would you take the risk of carrying? Can you target practice? Can you hunt? No, the risk is too great unless you're waaay in the sticks. The fact confiscation is unrealistic doesn't mean the status quo continues because it's 'just a law'. The argument is typically that guns will be confiscated, lost, broken, etc. over decades, not that the next day there's some door to door sweep.

Top Bottom