how to get gun manufacturers to come to indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Since Illinois is about to go all European on the gun owners in their great state how can we convince great companies like armalite and rock river arms to come to this gun friendly zone.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    It's all about the mighty dollar. The state with the best tax abatements will win the business.
    Absolutely correct. The main things a company looks for is 1) Tax abatement & low total taxes (real estate/inventory) & low cost workman comp pay, 2) Low cost utilities - fuel, electricity water and any other requirement for day to day business, 3) Minimal State EPA - OSHA type regulations, as well as any special regulations for their particular industry. 4) Low/competitive labor rates & right to work law. as well as a good labor pool with the skills needed for their operation. 5) Dependent on the type of operation (heavy industry, small parts etc.) an easy / inexpensive transportation/shipping method for their products to market. Indiana does fare pretty well in most of the above and is eager to entice new manufacturing facilities into the State. Might be good if people put a bug in the Governor's or some of our Senator's or Rep's ears.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The way the jacked up the corporate tax rates a year ago I have no idea why they didn't leave then. They must love it there for some reason??

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    It's all about the mighty dollar. The state with the best tax abatements will win the business.

Yeah, and Indiana has been pretty good about stealing businesses away from IL. But then again, it's not hard in that state of corruption.

Rod Belgoyavitch(sp?)... Who votes for a man with a face and haircut like that? First time I saw him, I immediately thought, "slimeball".

NVM, I dislike all politicians. No amount of formal education seems to ever educate them...

karl77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Calumet township/Lake County
    The way the jacked up the corporate tax rates a year ago I have no idea why they didn't leave then. They must love it there for some reason??

rather expense to uproot a large manufacturing plant and relocate. besides during the relocation, they would be unable to make any products and what they could produce would be lower quality then what was offered before, due to experienced employees NOT wanting to uproot their family and new/less skilled employees learning their crafts.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It would be very expensive to build new factories and relocate or replace the entire work force.

That aside I would love to see Springfield Armory 1911s and M1A rifles say Made in (insert town here) Indiana.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    they would be unable to make any products and what they could produce would be lower quality then what was offered before, due to experienced employees NOT wanting to uproot their family and new/less skilled employees learning their crafts.

Hmmm, how to explain Les Baer then?:dunno:

Top Bottom