• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm posting this because I feel it will be a help for those who are maybe a bit intimidated about taking their first class or their hundredth class. Or a good reminder for instructors how to prepare students' expectations for your class.

Even if you hate Yeager, this video is worth your time. Seriously.

If you're already a unicorn-whacking, harley-riding, Les Baer-wielding ninja assassin, who's reached the pinnacle of mad pistol skills because you've recently completed NRA Pistol 201, then you probably don't need it. But for the rest of us, it's worthwhile. There's a good chance, there's an answer to at least one question you were too embarrassed to ask someone.

Training is a significant expense. Here's how to get the most for your money:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGXf3Zi-VM[/ame]

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I'll add something he didn't discuss.

If you sign up, SHOW UP.

If you have taught for any length of time you know that unfortunately there is a percentage of students that will register for a class and not actually follow through by showing up. Maybe it's anxiety or nerves or sloppy scheduling or general flakiness but unless you are really , really ill the day of class, you need to be there.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I will echo the part about having all your ammo dumped out and ready to load.

I hate standing around waiting for one guy who's pulling 1 round out at a time from his box of Blazer that he's pulled the tray half-way out of...

I have a smallish Pelican case that I dump all my ammo in. It'll hold over 1,000 rounds loose and stay secure, water tight, not rust, lockable and a solid handle to carry. I've been using it for about 8 years now and still going strong.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    the ziplock food storage containers work great too. i keep all my loose ammo in them. when one wears out, you replace, they cost next to nothing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Makes a lot of sense.

All the cool kids mark their mags.:D

The only thing I'd add is:

1. Drink water. No, not friggin' Gatorade or soda pop, drink water before class, during and after. Have been in class where a numbnuts left horizontal because he was too cool to drink water (he wouldn't drink water, just ran his fat mouth, "I don't need it", "all you need is to keep the tongue wet", "one time in Ranger SEELs I did not drink for eleventy-seven days"). . . in friggin' Texas . . . in the summer.

2. Don't eat like a horse. Drink water instead and don't eat crap bigger than your head. If you eat, eat water based food--salads, watermelon, fruit, veggies, not a chunk of cow then you stink so bad you'll have to go to a gun show (state law, man).

3. Get to class early (yeah, I know he said it but there are always dillweeds in every class, if you cannot find them then you are one of the dillweeds). Don't be a blue falcon to the entire class.

4. Shut your friggin' mouth. We didn't come to class to be enlightened by our fellow students. Shut up and don't blue falcon the rest of the guys.

Top Bottom