• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    I've never chopped a barrel myself, however I was with a friend when he did. I am another that can testify that a pipe cutter, when used properly, can make a very clean cut that looks nice. He also cut it down to 20" first just to test. Once he was confident he took it down to 18.5

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    How do you attach a new sight? Would you go night sight or just a bead sight? I have seen fiber optic sights which have an adhesive strip for Turkey hunting guns. Some also clamp on the barrel, do you superglue the thing on? If it has a rib, would you cut to the closest rib, and of course stay in the requirements?
    I shortened a SxS, used a cut off saw, perfect cut.(took time, did not rush). Slight touch up with emery paper and cold blue, no problem. Still have no bead sight, thinking of the night sight as an answer. Actually my brother suggested a simple BB, then superglue it. Any ideas?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    How do you attach a new sight? Would you go night sight or just a bead sight? I have seen fiber optic sights which have an adhesive strip for Turkey hunting guns. Some also clamp on the barrel, do you superglue the thing on? If it has a rib, would you cut to the closest rib, and of course stay in the requirements?
    I shortened a SxS, used a cut off saw, perfect cut.(took time, did not rush). Slight touch up with emery paper and cold blue, no problem. Still have no bead sight, thinking of the night sight as an answer. Actually my brother suggested a simple BB, then superglue it. Any ideas?

Why do you need a sight? You don't gotta aim a shotgun:laugh:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    If you use a pipe cutter tape up where you are going to cut it. If you cut it with a hacksaw Brownells makes a tool that will clean it up. It fits inside the barrel and cuts true. You can also use a carriage bolt on a drill and use some mating compound on the bolt then run the head of the bolt on the end of the barrel till it is smooth.

As far as a sight goes there are all sorts that you can put on. They make one that is fiber optic that fits around the barrel. Kind of like a hood sight. I like that one. Brownells has it.

Gook luck with your project.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    I agree with the pipe cutter method. Just don't dig in too much too fast!! A "deburring" tool will clean up the ID, but then of course so would a few rounds down range, although not recommended.

Top Bottom