• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Just wondering if anyone else heard about this poll. I am not a subscriber to the Howey website but I am wondering who was polled and what the specific questions were. Any subscribers out there or anyone with any info?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I sure don't believe it but it is getting a lot of play. It is on the WTHR webpage and they had this Howey guy on WIBC earlier this eve. His allegation was that Coats totally missed what "Hoosiers" want when he voted against the UBC bill. I would just like to know who he polled and how the question was asked.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'd just once like to see this presented factually. We have "background checks" in the form of nics. I've heard people at work and read online news comments, people think there is nothing in place at present, that anybody can buy a gun, no checks or restrictions. Others think its only for new guns, that there's no nics for used.

Someone at work wouldn't believe me when I explained this to her. She insisted that there's no check ever. Finally conceded that it was in place at a storefront but insisted you can just buy online or gun show without it getting called in.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'd just once like to see this presented factually. We have "background checks" in the form of nics. I've heard people at work and read online news comments, people think there is nothing in place at present, that anybody can buy a gun, no checks or restrictions. Others think its only for new guns, that there's no nics for used.

Someone at work wouldn't believe me when I explained this to her. She insisted that there's no check ever. Finally conceded that it was in place at a storefront but insisted you can just buy online or gun show without it getting called in.

This fantasy of how people believe the system works has been create by the gun grabbers. They imply that anyone can buy a gun with no background checks. They repeat over and over this BS "gun show loophole" lie to incite people and create fear.

Your experience with this woman would be the same with 70% of people you speak with.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Expanded background checks. 600 people polled and I bet they count the somewhat strongly with the strongly support.

http://953mnc.com/Admin/ArticleView...cal-Poll-tests-hot-button-Hoosier-issues.aspx

The poll also showed that 83% support the expanded gun background check legislation that
    was recently defeated in the U.S. Senate.

The poll of 600 registered voters was conducted April 18 through 21 by Bellwether Research
    pollster Christine Matthews. It has a +/- error rate of 4% and canvassed 69% of respondents on
    land telephone lines and 31% on cell phones. The poll included 87% white, 8% African-
    American and 1% Latino voters. On party affiliation, 33% identified as Republican, 24%
    Democrat and 21% independent.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm tired of hearing about any percentage of support. 90%, 83%, 2%....

We are supposed to be a constitutional republic. It doesn't matter how popular or unpopular a right is, it's still a right. One that has been granted by the creator, not the .gov

Top Bottom