• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thats actually the entire purpose behind its development. This is classified as an outdoor gas appliance. There was alot put into the design to allow it to be classified as such and allow it to be used during burn bans. The guys who make it were tired of using the propane fire pits that were available because they just didnt keep you warm like a real fire but they also didnt want to be violating burn bans.

Alot of it diacussed in this video starting at the 15 min mark

You seem to be doing a pretty hard sell for something you say you have no financial interest in.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    You seem to be doing a pretty hard sell for something you say you have no financial interest in.
    Lol im not trying to sell anything. Im literally just talking with some people online about a product i thought it was cool and its development. It makes no difference to me if anyone here decides to buy one. Im happy with mine thats all I really care about but I thought i would share some info on it here to support their company.

Im sorry you dont care for this product, you've made your point very clear. Please dont let me keep you

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The 200 dollar ones don't put out the heat this one does. To my knowledge this is the only heating at this level, like I said in my OP its as hot as the coals of a wood fire. They have a couple videos showing the internal process that allows this to burn the way it does, pretty interesting design.
    I get it, neat product.
    But, one can only get so many BTU's out of a pound of propane. If one wants more BTU's,,,,,
    More propane.
    Numbers in my head, it heats about 75,000 btu's per hour.
    When it gets shut off it stops heating very shortly.
    A fire pit of coals puts off heat until morning on most occasions.
    And I dont have to haul firewood out either. And its hard to transport on a motorcycle.

Titanium700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Otisco
    Some of yall are way too triggered by a piece of metal.

If you are just not into it then thats cool. I just dont get the mindset of having to trash on someone for using it. Its not here to take your fire wood away lol.
    Seems like your the one triggered, we just said no way no how……
    Where did we “trash” you?
    I didn’t see no name calling or personal attacks..
    You’re the one who needs to take a step back.
    We just voiced our opinions much like you did.
    And $1300???? Holy crap.
    $1300 can’t buy me the same smells the same crackling and same glow of a real fire campside.
    Again don’t get your feelers hurt because we choose a real campfire over a fake one.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I dont know how people even think this would be useful in a SHTF situation. Wood is a lot easier to come by than propane. And $1300 buys me a lot of prep gear, oppose to a device that burns fuel.

And if I lived in the city where I could not burn wood there are many options for much cheaper. Sitting around a fire in the back yard i do not care about the heat it gives out.

Plus. I’m a fire bug. While we sit around the fire talking, i like to poke around and stir embers… i would be bored to death if I could only have a conversation with everyone :n00b:

Cool item. Just overpriced, and not enough use for it.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Seems like your the one triggered, we just said no way no how……
    Where did we “trash” you?
    I didn’t see no name calling or personal attacks..
    You’re the one who needs to take a step back.
    We just voiced our opinions much like you did.
    And $1300???? Holy crap.
    $1300 can’t buy me the same smells the same crackling and same glow of a real fire campside.
    Again don’t get your feelers hurt because we choose a real campfire over a fake one.
    I wasn't referring to your comment. I was referring to the concept of making fun of someone for using it... not that I was personally being attacked. No feelings hurt on my end. Your opinions are welcome.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I don't want to make any enemies over a campfire/propane heater debate.
    Although I LOVE a campfire, I can see some potential usefulness in your new machine, tomahawkman. It's different, for sure ! :thumbsup:
    Lol me either, wasnt my intent. I love a campire too. Infact 2 feet to the left of the photo is my actual fire pit that I use all the time. I think some of the tone of conversation here has been lost to text.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont know how people even think this would be useful in a SHTF situation. Wood is a lot easier to come by than propane. And $1300 buys me a lot of prep gear, oppose to a device that burns fuel.

And if I lived in the city where I could not burn wood there are many options for much cheaper. Sitting around a fire in the back yard i do not care about the heat it gives out.

Plus. I’m a fire bug. While we sit around the fire talking, i like to poke around and stir embers… i would be bored to death if I could only have a conversation with everyone :n00b:

This thing isnt about SHTF. Its about folks with money to burn (see what I did there? Also see the link in post 16) that want to get around burn laws apparently.
    I suspect these would be purchased and then carried home in one of these: (or a Range Rover) :lmfao:

85c79758ff6cd48841712db8215b687f-1400.jpg

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    This thing isnt about SHTF. Its about folks with money to burn (see what I did there? Also see the link in post 16) that want to get around burn laws apparently.
    I suspect these would be purchased and then carried home in one of these: (or a Range Rover) :lmfao:

85c79758ff6cd48841712db8215b687f-1400.jpg
    More like a 2000 jeep cherokee cause I spent all my monies on a firepit! Lmao

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I suppose it has it's purpose. Maybe for people who are inner city dwellers or can't legally have a real fire
    but wonder how many of those types care about a fire.
    I went on the "First Hike" at the Indiana Dunes today and while listening to some people talk to each other
    I noticed they were such types. So disconnected from the natural world and didn't know squat about being outside. Those types may go for it.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Agree with ya Hatin. I can always find wood to burn. I have doubts propane will always be available

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Got sucked in by the title ... I really thought that this thread would be discussing Wolf Park and their Howl Nights.

Oh well, needed something to read while I finished a cup of coffee ... interesting concept ... very spendy, but interesting.

Top Bottom