• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Since this thread has gone off-topic....I got my HTA Guardian 22 last July, and could not be happier. My only regret is that I got the aluminum baffles instead of the stainless steel ones, as the aluminum ones are a pita to clean. And you HAVE to clean them. .22s are dirty! The supressor dissassembles easily, though, and the sound supression is awesome. This was my first supressor, and I went the budget route. If I can get a can for less than the cost of the stamp, then I'm happy.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Since this thread has gone off-topic....I got my HTA Guardian 22 last July, and could not be happier. My only regret is that I got the aluminum baffles instead of the stainless steel ones, as the aluminum ones are a pita to clean. And you HAVE to clean them. .22s are dirty! The supressor dissassembles easily, though, and the sound supression is awesome. This was my first supressor, and I went the budget route. If I can get a can for less than the cost of the stamp, then I'm happy.

What method did you try to clean them? FYI the SS baffles in the old type guardians are louder, don't know why. Have heard a ton of them side by side, and customers say the same thing when they "upgrade"

I use corn cob media shot through a sand blaster, works well...and fast. I have not cleaned my original Guardian in about 15,000 rounds though. :)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    What method did you try to clean them? FYI the SS baffles in the old type guardians are louder, don't know why. Have heard a ton of them side by side, and customers say the same thing when they "upgrade"

I use corn cob media shot through a sand blaster, works well...and fast. I have not cleaned my original Guardian in about 15,000 rounds though. :)

Crap. I hope the new ones aren't.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

As the owner of the older Guardian whose done the upgrade, I'll have to disagree. Having shot a few thousand through the aluminum baffles and now over 5k through the SS, I can definitely say I'd pick the SS sound over aluminium anyday. Not only do I feel the SS is quieter but possibly also has a lower tone? I have no scientific data to prove this but that's my :twocents:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    As the owner of the older Guardian whose done the upgrade, I'll have to disagree. Having shot a few thousand through the aluminum baffles and now over 5k through the SS, I can definitely say I'd pick the SS sound over aluminium anyday. Not only do I feel the SS is quieter but possibly also has a lower tone? I have no scientific data to prove this but that's my :twocents:

awesome :)

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI

I did the same thing but I'm not sure that it's quieter. Definitely a different tone but not necessarily quieter, at least to my ears. I do like it though and I'm glad I did the upgrade since I can shoot 5.7 out of it now.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    For all the negative in my thread, I am actually pretty happy with my purchase. If I could do it over would I go a different route? Maybe.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I have 2 HTA suppressors in NFA jail right now. I hope I didn't make a mistake, from what I have been reading.

Not to pile on, but honestly at this point if you ever have issues with the can, just send it off to someone like Stalking Rhino or another reputable 02/07.

Top Bottom