• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    1) This exactly why I choose private sales over a 4473 90% of the time. ~80% of my collection is composed of private sales. I am patient and will wait for what I want to come up in the classifieds...I have not been disappointed thus far.
    2) For the 4473s I have done in the past, my SSN is not on any one of them and I have never been delayed or refused. That said, my last name is rather unique. YMMV.
    Ah yes... UP is a common last name. :):

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Not in my case. Since getting one I have yet to get cleared immediately. Always have to go back. It's been absolutely useless.

For what it’s worth, I have an FFL, an SOT and had a high explosives license and they still delay me too. That’s why I got a UPIN. Takes about 30 mins to come back but I usually get approved.

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    For what it’s worth, I have an FFL, an SOT and a high explosives license and they still delay me too. That’s why I got a UPIN. Takes about 30 mins to come back but I usually get approved.
    You are lucky..I wish mine was 30 minutes.

Almost every one of mine has been later next day. Except for one purchase which I never got an approval it went to full distance and then I just went and picked it up.

It's bull with all of the things that I've been approved for whether it's my FFL or a dozen tax stamps that I have to go through this BS...

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    For what it’s worth, I have an FFL, an SOT and had a high explosives license and they still delay me too. That’s why I got a UPIN. Takes about 30 mins to come back but I usually get approved.
    Usually?
    (Makes me wonder what other "odds and ends" you're buying.)

Top Bottom