• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I know it may be too late for a lot of people, I am glad to see Huntertown arms finally admitting their problems to the public, and I applaud them for admitting their mistakes. As an owner of 4 Huntertown cans, it's good to know they're working out their issues.

Good on you HTA, and I hope everything works out for everyone.

From their Facebook page...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well I'm glad they finally did this. Why didn't they listen for the last year plus? I love my huntertown suppressors (2), but they have hurt their market share tremendously with dealers and the public finding other and frankly better (factoring in customer service) options.

also I wonder if this sudden change of heart has anything to do with a new line of suppressors soon to be released that matches the huntertown price point and quality? I think so.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    To little to late.

I couldn't agree more. Plus there seems to be more and more kestral 556 failures lately. One such case is being discussed over on arfcom. The owner of the suppressor has had less than stellar results in trying to get it fixed. No more HTA for me. Silencerco and griffin armament all the way!!!!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    The only appeal Huntertown ever had to me was there low price point. Year before last, I got into the NFA game. I wasn't making much at the time so I started with their .22lr can. At $200 + a stamp, it was as much as I wanted to spend. This was when their customer service was still decent.

I've heard relatively priced cans in several calibers that sound far better than theirs. I'm worried they've done too much damage to their name to turn it around so I'm glad I'm only out on a .22lr can. I'll be really surprised to see them in business in a few years.

Since then I've bought AAC, Gemtech, SilencerCo, and YHM.

Edit: Look at post 7, I guess they posted this same empty apology last year. Obviously nothing changed.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/446058_From_HTA_s_Facebook_Page_.html

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I wish them well, but after the 18 months I waited to get my kestrel to the dealer, I called it quits and bought an AAC.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I just want the customers whose cans have failed on them to be able to get them replaced or fixed. Hopefully this is a turning point for them...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wonder if they'll offer a baffle upgrade to the 7.62 AK suppressor? Not too happy with the can personally. I really feel I wasted my money. Not to mention I shot it the first time and OVERNIGHT the thing rusted on the outside. And yes I did clean it. The guys at the gun shop were just as blown away as me. Also it's pretty sad when you ask a question like "I wonder if huntertown will fix it? And everyone starts laughing and says good luck"
    Wish I could just send it to them for an upgrade. At this point it's become a sad thing for me to even look at that suppressor.
    if they don't change their customer service I don't think they'll be in business much longer. When dealers don't even want to stock their stuff that says a lot.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I contacted the HTA regarding the same issue, here is their reply

we do have an upgrade to the baffle set on your Kestrel 7.62AK . I will check on availability for you.
    Ted

But, there's always the magic word "BUT", that was a year ago. Never heard back from "Ted" again.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I just want the customers whose cans have failed on them to be able to get them replaced or fixed. Hopefully this is a turning point for them...

Is this a hit or miss failure or a bad batch?

I have a Kestrel 5.56. Have not put many rounds through it and have had no problems with it or the .22 can from them. I knew about the failure from the 7.5" f/a shooter but just read on arf about splitting.

Didn't know if I should send an email asking about my can with the serial number or not. Hate to add to the mess if they are trying to dig out from poor customer service issues.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    giphy.gif

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    After all the bad experiences I've heard with Huntertown I figured I'd spend more to get a better suppressor with decent customer service

Top Bottom