• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    Huntertown Arms was based out of Huntertown Indiana near fort Wayne. I purchased this can 8 or 9 years ago. at the time they offered a lifetime warranty. However it’s now worthless because the company went out of business while I was waiting for my stamp to get approved.
    These cans are still on the market, so a warning to anyone that finds one for $299 and thinks it’s a good deal.

1. These cans are outrageously heavy
    2. They are horrible. Quite literally a worse muzzle flash than when unsupressed. This can is a freaking flame thrower, a muzzle flash so bright that Hellen Keller could see it. And that’s on a 16” 5.56 rifle.

Long story short, stay away from their rifle cans. They went belly up for good reason. I’ve heard their 9mm and 22 are decent.
    IMG_8276.jpeg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My buddy has a 22 can from HTA and it's just marginally louder than my Gemtech using Remingtom subsonic HP. I have had great accuracy out of my Ruger II 22/45 with TacSol upper using that load/round. I've tried other standard velocity and sub 22 load in the pistol and my go-to rd.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've had one for about 8 years now and haven't had any issues with mine. I mainly shoot 22lr out of it but shoots 5.56 just fine.

Have you taken yours apart to see what is going on inside?

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I've had one for about 8 years now and haven't had any issues with mine. I mainly shoot 22lr out of it but shoots 5.56 just fine.

Have you taken yours apart to see what is going on inside?

I can't, it's completely carbon locked. I tried an ultra sonic cleaner to no effect.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Probably need to prep some "dip". Recipe is online. I usually clean my sealed cans with Mean Green unless I let them go too long then I gotta use the semi-corrosive "dip". Make sure you flush water thru the can after using that stuff. It's heck on the guts and tube if not cleaned out.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I also bought one 13 years ago Because it was a “good deal” it’s super heavy, but is nice when on my MK18. Would never buy again but ok if you have a bench gun you want to play with.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I also bought one 13 years ago Because it was a “good deal” it’s super heavy, but is nice when on my MK18. Would never buy again but ok if you have a bench gun you want to play with.
    I had mine on a mk18 until I found out it wasn't even rated to go on a barrel that short. They said nothing shorter thana 10.5

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a few I got from Whitetail trading.
    The integrally suppressed 22 barrel is as quiet as other suppressed 22s, and as accurate as a tacsol barrel.
    I have a cheap AK can I stuck on the end of the BFT. Granted I was inside at the time with double ear pro, but it seemed like a decent can for what I paid.
    Doesn't matter much at this point but I had decent luck with the company.

Top Bottom