• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Looks like Louisiana just passed a bill to allow hunting with suppressors. Link. Do we have any reps in Indiana who we might be able to suggest introducing a similar bill? I feel like writing some letters.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Looks like Louisiana just passed a bill to allow hunting with suppressors. Link. Do we have any reps in Indiana who we might be able to suggest introducing a similar bill? I feel like writing some letters.
    I've suggested this to my rep Eric Koch. He has been very Pro-2A and he has authored or sponsored nearly every pro-2A bill that has hit the house in the last couple years. He did send me a short reply that he would look into this but I think it's about time to contact him again and ask if he ever did look into it.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I would have assumed the answer to be NO. Why would you is more the question that comes to my mind.

Because noise suppression is ALWAYS the best policy. I HATE wearing hearing protection while hunting. The neighbors would be less bothered the sound of gunfire. Gunshots would/should have a lesser area of game disturbance. Think of the children! Save their young ears!

In the EU/UK, it is considered RUDE to hunt/shoot without suppression!

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I would have assumed the answer to be NO. Why would you is more the question that comes to my mind.

I'd love to be able to hunt squirrels without making so much noise that I might be disturbing deer hunters 1/4 mile away. It'd also be nice to not make so much noise that all of the other squirrels go into hiding for the next hour. It'd also be handy for saving ears while coyote hunting. I'm not sure it would be of much use for deer hunting until we finally get centerfire rifles allowed, but it might make it fun to hunt with a 308 handgun. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom