• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Ok... haven't seen a buck this season. Driving home this morning and came off of the St. Joseph Valley Parkway (US 31/20 Bypass) at a County Road. This guy below was bedded down in the circular interchange, which offers quite a lot of cover. Saw two does in there a couple nights ago. Caught him out of the corner of my eye, pulled over and backed up and watched him a bit. HIGH tines and huge rack well beyond ears. Cell pic is not great but had a good long look at him through the binos.

Called the DNR's office about an hour ago and (still) awaiting a call back from our local CO. Lady at the District 1 office couldn't answer my questions. Maybe the questions are too stupid to deserve a response haha.
    1.) are the interchanges along the bypass state property or considered "public" property?
    2.) is it legal to take game in such an interchange? I asked specifically about using bow.

Appreciate your input and opinions.
    pic2.jpg

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That buck didn't get that big by being stupid.
    He knows where he is safe, and there, he is safe.

I say no way on God's green earth will they allow you to discharge a bow in that circumstance.
    I've been wrong before, but I just don't see this happening.....legally.

Sit off site, and send in a "hound" to flush him out?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've heard a lot of people ridicule those who wear good quality camoflage. This might just prove an instance where it might be well worth the money? That's a stud and I might have a difficult time deciding whether permission or forgiveness would be best lol.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I may be wrong? However, I do not believe it is legal to shoot over, on or from a road. I believe that is in the game laws? BTW...looks like a moose.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Ok... haven't seen a buck this season. Driving home this morning and came off of the St. Joseph Valley Parkway (US 31/20 Bypass) at a County Road. This guy below was bedded down in the circular interchange, which offers quite a lot of cover. Saw two does in there a couple nights ago. Caught him out of the corner of my eye, pulled over and backed up and watched him a bit. HIGH tines and huge rack well beyond ears. Cell pic is not great but had a good long look at him through the binos.

Called the DNR's office about an hour ago and (still) awaiting a call back from our local CO. Lady at the District 1 office couldn't answer my questions. Maybe the questions are too stupid to deserve a response haha.
    1.) are the interchanges along the bypass state property or considered "public" property?
    2.) is it legal to take game in such an interchange? I asked specifically about using bow.

Appreciate your input and opinions.

I saw this post, so I went out there and how lucky could I be?! I killed him yesterday afternoon as the storm was coming in. He green scored 195 3/8", so we'll see what shrinkage does. Sure to make B&C though. I am SUPER pumped!! :ingo: Thanks SRAD!!

The internet is a really big place. Next time, I'd be less specific about location.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A lot will depend on the right of way in that area. Some spots have rather (over) generous rights of way, other places the RoW is literally the edge of the pavement.

And if it's NOT in the RoW - then it's on someone else's private property.

Use this link to hopefully figure out the rightful ownership of said land: Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

I can almost guarantee that if it's on INDOT or county property - you'll be out of official luck.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    A lot will depend on the right of way in that area. Some spots have rather (over) generous rights of way, other places the RoW is literally the edge of the pavement.

And if it's NOT in the RoW - then it's on someone else's private property.

Use this link to hopefully figure out the rightful ownership of said land: Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

I can almost guarantee that if it's on INDOT or county property - you'll be out of official luck.
    Thanks for the link, what a great resource! Based on the map the interchange is 130 yds across so I assume it's owned by INDOT or county so that's the end of that.
    If I see him again I'll get a proper pic with a DSLR & zoom lens.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the link, what a great resource! Based on the map the interchange is 130 yds across so I assume it's owned by INDOT or county so that's the end of that.
    If I see him again I'll get a proper pic with a DSLR & zoom lens.

I was rather hoping you could have proved me wrong.
    Too bad, but thank you for posting the pick you did.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    There's also the issue of a arrowed buck sprinting across traffic and perhaps expiring in a very bad place.

Top Bottom