• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    I'm extremely new to hunting, but go out occasionally with my father in-law who is very seasoned. anyway it's expected to get 1-4 inches in the bedford area overnight. is it good hunting after a fresh snow or even when it still might be snowing?

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    using remington 870 scoped/rifled barrel and gonna actually attempt at climbing the tree this time. normally I'm 3-5 ft off the ground. and its the free for all doe season right now i believe

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am hunting this bonus season also. It runs to Jan 6. From the DNR website:
    Special Antlerless Deer Firearm Season
    The special antlerless deer (only) firearms season is Dec. 26, 2012 to Jan. 6, 2013, in counties with a bonus antlerless deer quota of 4 or more (shaded counties on map).

I read about this feature many times to be sure I got it correctly. I am hunting using the bundled deer license that I bought for the regular deer season.

Bring on the snow!

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    What he said LOL ^^^^^

Actually this year they have certain counties that have a doe hunt with firearms like the 26 to the 1

Actually...it is the 6th of January (first Sunday). Doe only in counties with four or more bonus antler-less quota

kcdiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Walkerton, In.
    Right now is the bonus antlerless season for modern firearms or archery. If the critter is a buck archery only. Both seasons run until Jan 6th.

Hunting can get better after cold due to need for energey or food.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was out this am and saw nothing. Got down from my stand around 10 am to look around and only saw one set of deer tracks on most of the property. It must have been a young doe as the tracks were so small. Saw some turkey tracks along with a set of racoon tracks and some other small animals.

Also, I think the counties with less than 4 doe quotas, you can bow or crossbow to hunt for either right now, just not use a gun.

I was only hoping for one more doe and then I will be trying to coyote hunt.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    During this antlerless hunt most of the FWA's and reservoir properties are off limits though, since almost all of them are closed to the use of bonus antlerless tags.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you can get out tomorrow then do so! it is always fun hunting in the snow. It's also something that we don't get the chance to do very often in Indiana so it's great to take advantage of it when we get the chance. This is also my favorite time to put the stalk on Indiana whitetails! Goodluck tomorrow!

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm headed out with a buddy in the morning for a spot and stalk hunt. We don't get the chance to hunt in the snow too often so might as well take advantage. We have two farms to roam, both with some bedding areas that will be visible from a distance. If the snows not too crunchy it can be much easier to get close. One more opportunity to get the ML out too!

Top Bottom