Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Waitaminute!

Switchblades are legal? Whoohoo!
    I can shoot critters without a flash or report? whoohoo!x2

I love Indiana a little more. More that I have in my adult life.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I may have missed it but is there a link to the bill as it was passed? I haven't seen a version yet that mentions switchblade knives. I they are going to be legal (I hope they are), I'd like to start spreading the word so that our officers are aware before the law changes July 1.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I may have missed it but is there a link to the bill as it was passed? I haven't seen a version yet that mentions switchblade knives. I they are going to be legal (I hope they are), I'd like to start spreading the word so that our officers are aware before the law changes July 1.

SECTION 21. IC 35-47-5-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2013]: Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a detachable blade that
    [STRIKE] (1) opens automatically[/STRIKE]; or may be [STRIKE](2) propelled[/STRIKE] ejected from the handle as a projectile
    [STRIKE]by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing [/STRIKE]means of gas, a spring, or any other device contained in the handle of the knife.

The actual complete bill is here: Enrolled Act, House Bill 1563

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Yes I was thinking the same. Legal updates can be slow to trickle down to the road guys.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    NRA-ILA | Indiana Governor Pence Signs Pro-Hunting and School Security Bills into Law

edit:

did they repeal switch blade law?

SECTION 21. IC 35-47-5-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2013]: Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a detachable blade that
    (1) opens automatically; or< LINE THRU
    (2) may be propelled ejected from the handle as a projectile
    by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing means of gas, a spring, or any other device contained in the handle of the knife.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/HE/HE1563.1.html

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    NRA-ILA | Indiana Governor Pence Signs Pro-Hunting and School Security Bills into Law

edit:

did they repeal switch blade law?

(1) opens automatically; or< LINE THRU
    (2) may be propelled ejected from the handle as a projectile
    by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing means of gas, a spring, or any other device contained in the handle of the knife.

Enrolled Act, House Bill 1563

It appears so.

Top Bottom