• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I didn't get a chance to read the whole bill and all it effects but I understand there was some language in there about auto knives. Anyone know what all it affects???

Frank

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The way I understand it, the way this bill was written, or maybe it was the amount of votes it received, I'm still not clear on that, if the Governor doesn't sign it, it will STILL become law.
    He would need to veto this bill to kill it, and even then the veto could be over-ridden.

This is all but law right now. Just waiting on the requisite time to elapse.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    The way I understand it, the way this bill was written, or maybe it was the amount of votes it received, I'm still not clear on that, if the Governor doesn't sign it, it will STILL become law.
    He would need to veto this bill to kill it, and even then the veto could be over-ridden.

This is all but law right now. Just waiting on the requisite time to elapse.

Correct

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011

images

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    good news! I hunted last year with a ruger 77/357- my 9mm can should be in by gun season, all I need is to get the barrel threaded!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Please don't forget to thank your State Senators and Representatives for a job well done. A simple thank you to most is greatly appreciated. I'll be seeing Senator Holdman tomorrow at the Lincoln Day dinner for our county and will thank him in person from all of INGO.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, no real delay but this came out of conference committee the last day. We (me included) all want it to happen RIGHT NOW, but it does not work that way.:D

If Long chopped it May 6 and presented it to the Gov., it would not be law until May 14th if no signature. Gov. Pence cannot sign what he does not have.

Senator Long may not be in Indy this week and he may be attending to family business and the inbox is buidling up on his desk. Don't know, but it is not uncommon for loose ends to take a while.

I'd recommend going to shop for knives. Heck, I'm going to join you for about 15 minutes of drooling now.:D

PVK.COM

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, so the wording of this bill confuses me. Does this bill allow for the average Joe to go purchase a suppressor for hunting? Or is it those with their NFA stamps are the ones who can use the suppressors?

Top Bottom