• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    ...or not.

Look I want to clear this up and I think this is the right place to do that (sorry mods if it's not). I don't come here to troll anyone. I came here a long time ago -- before I ever registered to find out about guns. Admittedly there are some on here that I truly believe live in caves lined with tin foil and who think Obama is personally listening to their thoughts. There are some of you on here who are so far right that anyone who doesn't believe just like you is a terrorist.

But there are at least a couple of you who at least listen and will engage in a thoughtful discussion.

I came here because I was interested in gun politics. My little brother is into guns (cares nothing at all about politics) and I learned and listened and changed my opinion from being a gun hater, to a gun rights advocate. But I also saw some disturbingly inaccurate posts on the political section saying such things as "Obamacare means free healthcare for the illegals" (it doesn't). So I do interject and provide a counter point or show facts that prove otherwise. I do still listen and oddly what started out as me coming here to learn about guns has turned into what seems to be some interesting arguments on the political section. I say interesting, because some people listen and have facts of their own or interesting opinions.

But one thing I'm not here to do is to intentionally **** anyone off (if my having a different opinion pisses you off...you should really evaluate the triggers that anger you). If all you want is a circle jerk where everyone believes the same spew about how Obama is some self-appointed king (despite being elected) out to destroy the USA and is some sort of bearer of the end of times, then just let me know. I'll try and not reply to your comments.

There are some of you who have made me feel welcome or who have engaged me in an intelligent debate. Churchmouse comes to mind as someone who totally doesn't agree with just about anything I do, and yet he is still respectful. Que is another one.

I don't intend on leaving ingunowners.com unless the mods or the admins want me to. Thus far I've not heard them say any such thing and I'll admit that sometimes I slip on being respectful and I'm sure there are times that I don't listen as well as I ought to. When someone says something that I think is a valid point or objection I try to acknowledge it. I'm not trying to change hearts and minds, I just point out what I think is an incorrect opinion and I try to, as much as I can, back it up with facts.

You guys should also note the "Site Supporter" next to my name...if I was truly here to troll I wouldn't have spent the money. If you somehow feel "threatened" by "a few voices" that are speaking up, then that's pretty sad and is all too telling of the biggest problem America faces: no one talks to tries to listen to the other side anymore. The entire country is nearly gridlocked with conservatives and liberals fighting to the point that they're forgetting what made this country run: people working out their differences and combining ideas.

I just felt like that needed to be said.

Go away. You are on my "ignore list" as I do not have time to argue with an idiot. Move to France or somewhere else where idiots and cowards and those who believe the masterminds in government should rule over us like masters over slaves. I believe in a supreme God, you worship frail men. I have nothing more to say. It is you and your kind who are destroying this greatest country in the history of the world,. Thread closed as far as I am concerned.

^^^ That would be indicative of the problem with this country. Because I have a different opinion than him I'm automatically an idiot who doesn't deserve to live in the country I was born in. I'm also a coward, despite my not backing down from him. I'm also apparently actively working to destroy the country I love.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Although I have seen many of your posts that I completely disagree with, I find it refreshing that you care enough to make your stance known without resorting to childish behavior. One thing I will say though is that some of those tin foil wearing, cave dwelling nutbags are really great people if you can get past their quirks and get to know them. I know that may seem difficult, but it is possible. Their thoughts may seem crazy to you, but keep in mind your thoughts seem just as crazy to them. Every coin has two sides. In any case, thank you for posting something that will (hopefully) help people realize you are not just a troll, but simply the other side of the coin

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Although I have seen many of your posts that I completely disagree with, I find it refreshing that you care enough to make your stance known without resorting to childish behavior. One thing I will say though is that some of those tin foil wearing, cave dwelling nutbags are really great people if you can get past their quirks and get to know them. I know that may seem difficult, but it is possible. Their thoughts may seem crazy to you, but keep in mind your thoughts seem just as crazy to them. Every coin has two sides. In any case, thank you for posting something that will (hopefully) help people realize you are not just a troll, but simply the other side of the coin

My girlfriend's dad is one of them (he doesn't wear deodorant because he thinks it'll give you cancer or something like that). I think he's one of the nicest guys and he does know some things. I never entirely discount anyone, but I just don't know any of the other tin foilers.

And when I said cave dwelling I meant more along the lines of preppers (which I ironically find interesting and something I'd consider doing not for a governmental collapse/end of the world, but just general preparedness/tornado/blizzard kind of thing).

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Facts mean nothing. Never have, never will. I know when I'm presented with facts that prove I'm wrong, I go straight into name calling and petty insults.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My girlfriend's dad is one of them (he doesn't wear deodorant because he thinks it'll give you cancer or something like that). I think he's one of the nicest guys and he does know some things. I never entirely discount anyone, but I just don't know any of the other tin foilers.

And when I said cave dwelling I meant more along the lines of preppers (which I ironically find interesting and something I'd consider doing not for a governmental collapse/end of the world, but just general preparedness/tornado/blizzard kind of thing).

I know what you meant by "cave dwelling" and I will be the first to admit I am the same way. For the same reasons you are. Rest assured I took no offense to the term. If I had, my opinionated self would have let you know :):

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I know what you meant by "cave dwelling" and I will be the first to admit I am the same way. For the same reasons you are. Rest assured I took no offense to the term. If I had, my opinionated self would have let you know :):

Not gonna lie...a missile silo house stocked up with food, ammo, and a high speed fiber internet connection (buried of course) and I literally don't think I'd ever leave.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Streak, first I have to say for a while I didn't read your posts, because I personally wanted to gouge my eyes out to not have to read them. Please don't take that offensively, as redneckreject pointed out, I'm just the other side of the coin. Sometimes for people who are so rooted in their core values, political values, religious values, etc., it becomes near impossible for emotions not to flow heavy. Especially for many across the country who are/feel them and their whole way of life and general well being is under attack.
    Granted you may not feel the same, you have to think about what happens when people feel threatened. One of the reasons a rattlesnake was chosen for the Gadsden flag, a rattlesnake, once threatened never backs down.
    Also when it comes to political debates, they can almost go on indefinitely,as everyone has a different view. It gets worse when it comes to citing sources because, if you remember the saying,"one mans trash is another mans treasure." That saying applies there because a source one might take as all true/all spoken gospel, another might think it hogwash-tin-foily-crazy talk, and vice versa. That creates a pretty hard rift between many people in the same boat, boat being country. Then, when you add talking points from different paradigms, political labeling of everything, Joes a far left liberal, bills a far right conservative, susies a liberal Democrat, so on and so forth. That rift gets bigger and bigger, emotions flow more and more.
    The political infighting/ labeling has reached a point where everyone is fighting each other instead of taking back the country. As such its really not much different than all sides playing against each other while they ignore the dealer.
    And for all sides whenever one labels another, it can inflame people.
    Example: John says to you 9/11 was an inside job. You call him a tin foil crazy. He feels he is helping his country and countrymen with what he feels is a legitimate concern, and you just called him crazy. Example2: Bill says to you I hope Obama gets the guns. You call him an ignorant sheeple, with no legitimate facts. Bill feels he did his research and you called him an ignorant sheeple.
    Its a very touchy, complex, multi-tiered, layercake, if you will.

On a final note, I'm glad I had read this thread, even though I vehemently disagree with alot of what you've posted, and for a while quit reading anything you posted. I thank you for giving me this time to reflect upon some of my own thoughts on the very nature you brought up here.
    I also respect your moral constitution in making your stance known, because again, we're all in the same boat.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just think there is a logical disconnect with liberals on gun forums. Your ideology is aligned with those who's most ardent wish is to deny us our 2A rights. A lot of the left-leaning folks on here don't seem to understand how frustrating it is to see someone proclaim themselves a supporter of those rights and then go right on extolling the "virtues" of those who work diligently to deny them to us.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    See if I got this right.
    I don't have any guns but I felt compelled to come to a gun board to try to enlighten the knuckle dragging troglodytes. If they don't appreciate me, it is because they are too stupid to appreciate how special I really am.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I just think there is a logical disconnect with liberals on gun forums. Your ideology is aligned with those who's most ardent wish is to deny us our 2A rights. A lot of the left-leaning folks on here don't seem to understand how frustrating it is to see someone proclaim themselves a supporter of those rights and then go right on extolling the "virtues" of those who work diligently to deny them to us.

There are also far too many right wingers on here that could give :poop::poop:s about other people's rights as long as they can own what they want (some that think it should be bolt actions, revolvers, and shotguns...everything else be damned). It isn't fair to anyone to pretend that the other side is the only side that is trying to restrict anything, it isn't very honest either.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

There is fault in the common belief that one's ideology must be aligned either with "liberals" or (presumably) "conservatives." In reality political beliefs are commonly quite a bit more complex than that, but in this country a great many people have decided to join one of the two major teams and engage in culture war with the other side. It's not inconsistent to support both gun rights and socialized health care. Unfortunately for those of us who don't choose to pick a team it's difficult to participate in the political process in a meaninfgul way without betraying one or more of our beliefs. Every election I hold my nose and vote for the candidate who I think will do the least damage, and sometimes that candidate is not especially pro-gun. That doesn't mean that I am anti-gun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is fault in the common belief that one's ideology must be aligned either with "liberals" or (presumably) "conservatives." In reality political beliefs are commonly quite a bit more complex than that, but in this country a great many people have decided to join one of the two major teams and engage in culture war with the other side. It's not inconsistent to support both gun rights and socialized health care. Unfortunately for those of us who don't choose to pick a team it's difficult to participate in the political process in a meaninfgul way without betraying one or more of our beliefs. Every election I hold my nose and vote for the candidate who I think will do the least damage, and sometimes that candidate is not especially pro-gun. That doesn't mean that I am anti-gun.
    Agreed. And it's frustrating to have to choose a candidate based on what I perceive to be the lesser of two (or more) evils. I would love to see the day when I can vote "for" one candidate instead of "against" the other.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :hijack:

It's the aluminum (the part that is antiperspirant). Tell him they make aluminum-free deodorants... or tell him to buy the crystal. :yesway:
    Resume thread...

I hadn't heard about the aluminum causing cancer, but I have heard that it can contribute to the onset of Alzheimer's. I've even heard that drinking beer from aluminum cans can also contribute to... wait, what was I talking about again?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Agreed. And it's frustrating to have to choose a candidate based on what I perceive to be the lesser of two (or more) evils. I would love to see the day when I can vote "for" one candidate instead of "against" the other.

If the candidates are so similar that you cannot genuinely vote 'for' a candidate, you might as well abstain.

:hijack:
    And to jump on the bandwagon, I refuse to utilize 'non-stick' cookware, regardless of what it is made of.
    Tri-ply, stainless, and copper cookware are too prevalent to buy a pan that will get three years of usage at most, or get scratched accidentally and become a health hazard.

Top Bottom