• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    I would love to say that I am having a nice, enjoyable time watching TV, reading a book, doing some housework projects, or even zoning in front of the computer for hours at a time.

Instead, I am running to sit on the toilet with a bowl on my lap every 5 minutes.

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Hey! It's not like I gave vivid descriptions of the runs or the vomit!

I could describe how the runs started out as dark brown water and it now a pale yellow, but still squirting out strong.

THAT would be TMI.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It is indeed a stomach virus that is going around. I went to get my mother Friday morning for our usual Friday outing. When she got up to get dressed, she told me she was stick to her stomach so she laid down for a few minutes. She tried doing it 2 more times and then on that 3rd trip, she got sick. The nursing facility called in a prescription for some medicine also some immodium. I don't know how long it takes to get it from someone but hopefully I dodged that bullet. It lasts about 24 hours or so.

Take care and stay hydrated!

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Eh, we got a water filter.

I have had nothing to eat or drink yet today. I am waiting for the worse of it to pass. As in I can shift in bed without running to the bathroom.

George will be home later with Gatorade for me. I'll have some broth then as well.

The good news is I already have a scheduled dr's appt tomorrow which means I don't have to get into an argument with Hubby about going to the doctor. (He usually tells me to go and I usually tell him I'm fine.)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh, vomit... I get it now.

Maybe I am the only one who eats clam chowder on the toilet.:n00b:

Hope you feel better soon!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I was going to suggest broth or even chicken soup, as soon as your body will allow you to eat/drink it, but it sounds like you have that covered. Hope you feel better soon.

Blessings,
    B

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Grape is the best tasting if you are forced into pedialyte.

I have turkey and rice soup cooking on the stove. I think I am finally done with the vomiting.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    My whole family has had this now. Wiped most of us out for 18-24 hours. I didn't keep anything down for 24 hours and spent about 18 straight in bed. After about 6 hours I just stopped eating and drinking all together because I knew it was just going to come back out. After 24 hours I started sipping Gatorade (adult alternative to pedialite?) and had a piece of toast. Didn't have a bowel movement for about 3 days after that -- there was absolutely nothing left in my digestive system! TMI I suppose, but I feel your pain!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    My son (imprimis5) and I both had the latest strain. He got hit -- and hit hard -- on New Years Day evening. That young sucker wanted donuts the next morning and a bacon sandwich the next evening.

By the time he was 90% over it, I got hit -- and hit hard -- on the Saturday evening after that. I ate nothing and drank Sprite for three days. I went back to work on Tuesday, but shouldn't have and wished I hadn't.

Fortunately (for me) and unfortunately (for her), my wife got sick Tuesday while at work and barely made it home. I thought I was going to have to go find her on the shoulder somewhere on 465 puking her guts up. Turns out that she had something different, but it did give me an excuse to stay home Wednesday.

By the end of the day Wednesday, I was 100%. My son got well in half the time I did. I'll attribute that to age, I guess. It sure ain't because of clean living.

Edited: to add that I hope the good sister Hoppes is feeling better by now. It's a miserable thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom