• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    OK, Shock treatment on me.
    I went to buy some M80 Win 308 and went into sticker shock.
    It's been close to 4 years since I loaded up on M80.
    I hate to say it but it looks like I'm getting back into reloading in a big way.
    What the heck happened???

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My desire to remain on INGO refrains me from blurting out the string of 4 letter words I'd describe obamma with. Yea, I know it's not spelled right. I weigh who I think deserves positive or negative thoughts.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I can remember several years ago, I could buy white box, 7.62X51, for $4.00 per box of 20.....

NOT anymore !!!!!

Sorry, can't be much more help..... But I do reload .308 / 7.62 X51 .....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Man, at that price, I'd buy some too. It's like most mil ammo, it's pretty low quality. But I could get used to $.20 per round 308. Anyway, at today's prices, I just reload mine. It's too expensive to buy, and I can make it as good or better than premo stuff, and for cheaper than current m80 prices.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Saw some today, at the 1500, $14.99 for 100 rounds .....

Yeah, I saw them too. mini mags over by the north wall. I haven't seen minimags for sale in what feels like years. I'm down to less than 200 rounds. I still refused to pay that guys prices. No way.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Please, please do us a favor by taking a nurse & a defibrillator with you when you go to buy .22 rimfire.

I'm good on .22. I shoot bolt guns ONLY now. I gave my 1022 to my son, win 190? to my buddy, and sold a Springfield 87A here. I've given quite a bit of .22 to family and friends that didn't prepare for this stuff.
    I THOUGHT I'd have enough M80 to do me a few more years but I've been on an AR kick lately and Have a AR10-4 I love to shoot.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I can and do remember when SURPLUS ammo of all calibers was easily available and CHEAP! Chinese 762x39, 1000+ rounds for a measly $100, brass cased and reloadable. Still have the cases too. New Wolf in THOUSAND round cases, $50-75 DELIVERED! 762x51 South African, with 1200 round, &250. I could keep going but why? It only makes me sad.

The only way ammo will ever come down in price is we either stop buying it for a significant time, say a year? OR we get a president and congress who will rid us of the BATFE or at least seriously fut their power back and tey also need to remove many of the tariffs and laws that are currently puffing prices higher as well as stopping all the talk that causes the sheeple (and everyone else as those real gun lovers aren't immune) to PANIC all the time as well as the entrepreneurs thinking they can make a quick buck flipping ammo. Actually, if we could keep the gougers and flippers in check, that alone would go a long way towards bringing shooting costs down.

That simply will not happen. Makes me sad and I don't flip nor gouge. I can simply wait in most cases to make money on wht I have should I wish to sell. The price will have risen enough in a year that my stores are now worth more. all without gouging. Sad.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm organizing the reloading bench again. It's been over 2 years but I can see it's time. I should have done it over the winter but I didn't have heat in the barn. I will be getting off my arse and taking care of essentials pronto.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What ya do is get into a much more expensive round, like a .458 SOCOM. Then things like .308 seem like a bargain.;)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    What ya do is get into a much more expensive round, like a .458 SOCOM. Then things like .308 seem like a bargain.;)

I have some expensive rounds I have stocked up on over the years. I don't shoot them often now. Saving them as a last resort and putting available resources elsewhere to maximize my stock.
    I'm not low on .308 but I don't plan on getting any lower.

Rooster 308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Lansing, MI
    Since Katrina all ammo has really taken off. Before that, I was buying 140 round South African battle packs for $25 each. Hirtenberger 200 round packs for $45. Sure miss that

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm almost ready to start reloading 308
    I still need a brass trimmer, bullets, and more brass.
    Planning to get some 147grain pulls at Knob Creek if I can find some good ones.

Top Bottom